Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon went out wide on Saturday and looked much more dangerous; he’s a good, young, improving player. Selling him would be financially brilliant to us but it leaves us very thin out wide.
Agreed, if we sell Gordon that leaves us with Gray and MCNeill as our only wide player.
So, the first thing is to replace Gordon before we worry about any other position.

As it happens I would prefer a more mobile striker than Broja. I think he is the archetypal centre forward of a few years ago.
The game seems to have moved on.
I watched some of the Chelsea and Spurs game today.
It was all about speed, movement rather than size and strength.

Broja as back up is grand but I hope it isn't the route we are going down and paying a fortune because he comes from a top four club

Maybe, maybe not. It could well be we are moving toward a 5-3-2. If so, Gray and McNeil provide the flexibility to play wide men if we want to switch it up.

Falls in line with bringing in Alli and the interest in Gibbs-White.

Sell Gordon for 50, bring in Broja, Guirassy, Gueye and Gibbs-White and the switch is complete:

DCL/Broja/Guirassy for the 2 spots up top
Gueye/Onana/Iwobi/Gibbs-White/Doucoure/Alli/Davies for the midfield 3
Coady/Tarkowski/Mina/Holgate/Keane/Godfrey in the defensive 3
Mykolenko/Patterson/Vinagre/Coleman for the wingbacks
Pickford/Begovic/Crellin at keeper
Gray/McNeil/Townsend for width if needed (I think McNeil could also play in a midfield 3)
Rondon likely stays for emergencies

Gbamin/Gomes/Nkounkou/Allan find new homes

Not saying it is what I would do, but it sort of makes sense.
Couldn’t agree more maybe why we didn’t go for cornet or Dennis

Agreed, if we sell Gordon that leaves us with Gray and MCNeill as our only wide player.
So, the first thing is to replace Gordon before we worry about any other position.

As it happens I would prefer a more mobile striker than Broja. I think he is the archetypal centre forward of a few years ago.
The game seems to have moved on.
I watched some of the Chelsea and Spurs game today.
It was all about speed, movement rather than size and strength.

Broja as back up is grand but I hope it isn't the route we are going down and paying a fortune because he comes from a top four club

we haven’t replaced richy… so we’re now replacing gordon and still haven’t replaced richy

the clubs a joke

He isn't a game changer for us at the moment. He may go on to be but waiting is a luxury we don't have. Chelsea do have that luxury.

I'd be concerned though that this happens and were left with loan deals from Chelsea and the money disappears into a black hole.

If that isn't the case then with their opening bid rejected, there is easily more room for another £10m on top. Gordon is potential and potential only at this point in time. We aren't in a position to turn down £50m for him. We did well with what we got for Richarlison and can do more here. A first XI that was mostly fit for the dump can be transformed positively within months and nobody thought that could happen so soon.

It wasnt my intention to portray hostility, I was merely offering the viewpoint that 2 weeks is a huge amount of time in which to sign 2 or 3 players.
It may well be. But it's not enough time for a club with our track record of recruitment to realistically get it right.

Maybe, maybe not. It could well be we are moving toward a 5-3-2. If so, Gray and McNeil provide the flexibility to play wide men if we want to switch it up.

Falls in line with bringing in Alli and the interest in Gibbs-White.

Sell Gordon for 50, bring in Broja, Guirassy, Gueye and Gibbs-White and the switch is complete:

DCL/Broja/Guirassy for the 2 spots up top
Gueye/Onana/Iwobi/Gibbs-White/Doucoure/Alli/Davies for the midfield 3
Coady/Tarkowski/Mina/Holgate/Keane/Godfrey in the defensive 3
Mykolenko/Patterson/Vinagre/Coleman for the wingbacks (some could play in a back 3 in a pinch)
Pickford/Begovic/Crellin at keeper
Gray/McNeil/Townsend for width if needed (I think McNeil could also play in a midfield 3)
Rondon likely stays for emergencies

Gbamin/Gomes/Nkounkou/Allan find new homes

Not saying it is what I would do, but it sort of makes sense.

that easy aye

I’m sorry I just don’t see it with Gordon. Yes he can carry the ball every now and then but there is no threat whatsoever. He’s a decent squad player but that’s about it, he’s the forward version of Tom davies. A decent offer and sell the boy
Don't tell Chelsea or Newcastle, they seem to think he is a young player with enormous potential , but then what would they know .

Status
Not open for further replies.