2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly.

Gordon is a red line. Go over that and he's lost a hell of a lot of good will he's banked since the Palace game.
Agreed but Gordon isn't a £50m player and the likelihood of him become a £50m player in a team with no striker, no defensive midfielder and currently 2 central defenders out not to mention us selling our top goalscorer.

IF we sell him and reinvent like he currently have done with sensible signings in key areas, it's FAR more valuable than Anthony Gordon

Not the question I asked..I already posted he's not a luxury we can afford to have right now compared to his value .
But Chelsea are the club offering the money. They are a successful club. We are not hence why it's not really comparable. Most on here agree we'd use 40m if we had it to buy a number of players.

He’s written off by a load of our fans after one full season in the prem, we have the coaches and manager there to improve his finishing and final ball.
If this happens I am pretty confident it would be against Lampard’s wishes.
He is our best winger by far, but he needs a striker, and not be used as one.

1) has he been written off though? I think he's a good player but he's not even remotely close to a 40-50m player

2) he possibly might be our best winger, but our wingers are arguably the worst in the prem.

But people have bid 42. So people clearly think hea worth more than that.
Ok this is a silly technical argument I don't care about. Yeah he's worth what someone pays, but I can pay 40m for a bag of excrement and it isn't really worth that is it?

40m is too much and we should gladly take it. If we want to try to squeeze them for a bit extra that's fine, God knows Chelsea love getting squeezed, if we actually intend to stand strong and not sell we're dumber than I thought.

Somehow I think this could be a good thing? If we could effect a swap of Gordon for Broja and Gallagher at neutral or little cost then that could be a game changer moving forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.