2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely accept that every player has a price in football unless you are one of the top 4 or 5 elite clubs. And that price for Gordon is probably just over £50m for us given it's mid August, and our forward options are truly diabolical. He is worth much more to us right now than a buyer given our issues, and the fact his ceiling could be very high.

I see people moaning that we didn't accept the opening 40 million bid. I'm glad these people don't work for the club and don't negotiate deals because only an utter fool would accept the opening bid from a Chelsea owner who is spending astronomical amounts of money and cash seems like no object. If Chelsea up their bid to 50 million and perhaps give us Broja on loan or Batshuayi then we probably have no option but to sell. That makes me pretty sad but that's the reality of our situation financially and our position in the game. The club is in a horrible mess and sometimes you have to come close to rock bottom before things can get better.

Selling Gordon will hurt a lot if it happens, but if the increased offer comes in then I accept the decision. It's proper grim following this club at the minute though. Can someone at the club please pull the finger out and help the manager.

And Ball, Jeffers, Barkley, Rodwell etc.

To a degree Stones and Lukaku as well.

That ship has long since sailed. Its painful for people to accept, but that is the glib reality.

Other than Rooney the majority of those were great deals for us. Arguably we haven't replaced players correctly but the fees for all of the above were great.

And Ball, Jeffers, Barkley, Rodwell etc.

To a degree Stones and Lukaku as well.

That ship has long since sailed. Its painful for people to accept, but that is the glib reality.
It's the reality for every football club bar Real and Barca. OK City don't do moneyball but they sell players at a good value.

It's exactly how the RS have bought a succesful team.

The reaction towards Gordon because Chelsea want him is disgusting. I'm seen him called crap, take the money and tagged in posts on twitter.

Disgusting support and I'd be gone in a flash if I was him reading that.
Well said

The lad has done as well as could be expected for us, and struggled out of position as a 9. The reaction to that has been a complete joke. Some of the posts in this thread last night were a complete joke and I felt almost embarrassed reading them.

Where do you think theyre playing him? Elsewhere hes a 3rd choice punt...his best chance is backup to Reece James.
No. He'll be a winger/ten. Really couldn't careless if he goes where they play him. But, I'll wager £1 that he won't be a wing back

What a stupid post. Why would we sell for less than the opening offer we received. Glad you don't negotiate deals for the club!

I honestly try to look at each post as an opinion. We all have them and are all entitled to them. It's difficult to use words like astonishing, but some of the posts do seem to defy logic.

I've seen stuff where people are saying nobody will ever bid more than 20m for him, after a bid of over 40m has come in. It's just untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.