2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re not alright, they’re just slightly better. Gordon’s sale would make them alright.

Which allows us to revamp the squad.

Moshiri doesn't give a damn if our accounts are shiny he just wants leg room to splurge money which Gordon allows.

Richarlisons sale was different as had that not happened we'll have likely fallen foul to the rules.

Two completely different scenarios and motives for both sales.

Who does he play in front of though? Thats what im saying...hed be 2nd choice RWB or probably 3rd choice elsewhere...

Yet weve brought in Onana as a high potential player for £33mil.

Weve also signed Coady/Tarkowski in very smart deals and Mcneil + Vinegre as well.

Hardly 'given up'.

Getting a bid for Gordon of £50mil obliterates FFP issues and P&S regulations would be open for business for the next 2 seasons.

Tim has been extremely negative about strikers recently...all over the place multiple times a day in plenty of threads @catcherintherye .

Its borderline @davek Wum levels of angst.

End of the window isnt far off...lets see how we look then.

I think theres some excitement in store.

I know. Conte was also rumoured to want him as a RWB.

Not sure where else Gordon fits for them....its such a weird move for Chelsea.

Their fans dont seem happy about it at all.
Yes I feel negative and a bit down about our chances. But what is there to be positive about our current forward options?

Saying everything is good when its not doesnt change anything.

Who does he play in front of though? Thats what im saying...hed be 2nd choice RWB or probably 3rd choice elsewhere...

Yet weve brought in Onana as a high potential player for £33mil.

Weve also signed Coady/Tarkowski in very smart deals and Mcneil + Vinegre as well.

Hardly 'given up'.

Getting a bid for Gordon of £50mil obliterates FFP issues and P&S regulations would be open for business for the next 2 seasons.

Tim has been extremely negative about strikers recently...all over the place multiple times a day in plenty of threads @catcherintherye .

Its borderline @davek Wum levels of angst.

End of the window isnt far off...lets see how we look then.

I think theres some excitement in store.

I know. Conte was also rumoured to want him as a RWB.

Not sure where else Gordon fits for them....its such a weird move for Chelsea.

Their fans dont seem happy about it at all.
Tim’s not wumming Zat; it’s called frustration. And he’s right

We’ve gone into a season with 1 striker, and a fat oaf. It’s not acceptable

OK. You're right. It's all about lacking ambition rather than financial stability with the stadium looming. Things will worsen before they get better before we move in. ?

mate it’s not my point, it’s being a selling club and shows we have the ambition of f all.

this ground is going to magically make us barca

40 million plus Gallagher permanent. I like Gordon but much as he has improved, his biggest asset is pace. It only takes one grock to take that away from him a la Bolasie. Cash from the sale means two strikers in to add to DCL and Rondon and in Gallagher a genuinely top class midfielder that can do everything including grab 8-10 goals a season.

Question will be will his end product improve? We don’t know. The coaches and managers know more than any of us. My concern is if he goes, who we replace with. I’ve no issue doing that, but just hope there is a plan.
For me, this is the crux of the matter. There's still time in the window for transfers, however have Thelwell and Co. haven't factored in Gordon's potential sale?

On the face of it, a £50m+ bid would be very good business in terms of FFP and providing us the opportunity to bring in one or two finished articles.

But on the last point, would we? If we're going to sell Gordon now, we have to be confident that we can secure the addition that we need and at the right price.

If that isn't likely, we should keep him as you'd hope that he'll at least keep his value if not improve over the period of the season.

I think Gordon has a lot of raw potential and in an ideal world I'd like him to say although he's not the finished article yet and we need to be savvy.

People may grumble about selling our best assets although that's where we are: to improve, we must sell high and buy low in quantity. Look at Dortmund et al.

but it’s the player he could be

hence the 50 mill
Yes I get that I like Gordon great attitude but not convinced he’s going to become a great player and we need funds and also more
Players in could lose Gordon get a forward in and have vinagre play left side not ideal but I think a forward is crucial to our season.

mate it’s not my point, it’s being a selling club and shows we have the ambition of f all.

this ground is going to magically make us barca
Every club is a selling club. Our neighbours are a selling club, nearly all of their replacements that they sign seem to be a perfect fit for them though and always hit the ground running, while we sign lumps like Rondon and Gomes.

I don't mind being a selling club, if we had a decent scouting department. And you can't sell 2/3 of your main assets at once to do it as its a lot to replace.

For me, this is the crux of the matter. There's still time in the window for transfers, however have Thelwell and Co. haven't factored in Gordon's potential sale?

On the face of it, a £50m+ bid would be very good business in terms of FFP and providing us the opportunity to bring in one or two finished articles.

But on the last point, would we? If we're going to sell Gordon now, we have to be confident that we can secure the addition that we need and at the right price.

If that isn't likely, we should keep him as you'd hope that he'll at least keep his value if not improve over the period of the season.

I think Gordon has a lot of raw potential and in an ideal world I'd like him to say although he's not the finished article yet and we need to be savvy.

People may grumble about selling our best assets although that's where we are: to improve, we must sell high and buy low in quantity. Look at Dortmund et al.

dortmund - everton hmmmm i’m failing to see any similarity

Status
Not open for further replies.