2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like that for every team that’s not in the CL.
Not exactly. My local in Dublin have a pub team. Once your in your in. They blood you in by battering you very devote organisation. Like fight club or something.

Every club is a selling club. Our neighbours are a selling club, nearly all of their replacements that they sign seem to be a perfect fit for them though and always hit the ground running, while we sign lumps like Rondon and Gomes.

I don't mind being a selling club, if we had a decent scouting department.

i don’t like it tho mate we’re just a walk over

mate it’s not my point, it’s being a selling club and shows we have the ambition of f all.

this ground is going to magically make us barca

Well I hope not. Look at the state they're in.

I assume you meant to put, "not" ??

Fully aware the ground won't solve our on field issues. Might give a bit of wriggle room

Who does he play in front of though? Thats what im saying...hed be 2nd choice RWB or probably 3rd choice elsewhere...

Yet weve brought in Onana as a high potential player for £33mil.

Weve also signed Coady/Tarkowski in very smart deals and Mcneil + Vinegre as well.

Hardly 'given up'.

Getting a bid for Gordon of £50mil obliterates FFP issues and P&S regulations would be open for business for the next 2 seasons.

Tim has been extremely negative about strikers recently...all over the place multiple times a day in plenty of threads @catcherintherye .

Its borderline @davek Wum levels of angst.

End of the window isnt far off...lets see how we look then.

I think theres some excitement in store.

I know. Conte was also rumoured to want him as a RWB.

Not sure where else Gordon fits for them....its such a weird move for Chelsea.

Their fans dont seem happy about it at all.

Fair enough mate. But the club is in a bad way and nearly got relegated last season. I understand why people are very negative and do think they have the right to be.

I'm not saying I agree with him, but can see where he is coming from. I'm not sure anybody is paying him.

Tim’s not wumming Zat; it’s called frustration. And he’s right

We’ve gone into a season with 1 striker, and a fat oaf. It’s not acceptable

Yes I'm grumpy and negative but these problems we have in attack were all very foreseeable early in the summer. I don't believe we have the goals in the squad right now to survive in this league. That's my honest opinion and I'm not on a wind up. I hope I'm wrong and I easily could be wrong, but I'm shocked by how much the opinion seems to have annoyed other posters lol

Big thing being good enough and 50 million pounds good enough though. Is Gordon ever going to be a 100m player? I doubt that very much unless inflation dictates that almost everyone goes for that price.

As I said last night, if Richarlison fixed last year's accounts, This could do the same for this year, I believe the Kean money will be paid the summer after. That will mean we have a clear direct route to having 3 neutral years allowing us a lot of leeway to take a 100 million loss the summer we move into the stadium, hopefully boosted by transfers of people like Gray/McNeil etc. if they are surplus to requirement.

If we don't sell Gordon then likely it will be DCL that has to go to do the same to plug the accounts and I know which one I'd rather have around over the next couple of seasons to help us win games.

Talent yes but exceptional, no.
i don’t like it tho mate we’re just a walk over

No, we just rejected a bid for 42 mil for Gordon.

40 million plus Gallagher permanent. I like Gordon but much as he has improved, his biggest asset is pace. It only takes one grock to take that away from him a la Bolasie. Cash from the sale means two strikers in to add to DCL and Rondon and in Gallagher a genuinely top class midfielder that can do everything including grab 8-10 goals a season.
I can't see Gallagher or Chelsea being interested in that deal.

dortmund - everton hmmmm i’m failing to see any similarity
The reference is to their business model - their MO. They buy low, nurture talent and then sell on either to Bayern or abroad for some very good fees.

Do they cry or do they see it as the best way to continue to develop their squad and to be able to succeed? Look at the RS with how they sell players on.

As I said, I'd like Gordon to stay, but if a really good transfer fee provides us the capability to bring two (or more) players in that improves us... let's do it.

mikey’s point is correct mate i posted similar last night

Correct in your mind Matty and a few others. I take the other opinion along with the majority of Blues. If Gordon was the finishing garnish to our team then by all means we keep him and see if that talent converts into him being a match winner, something close to a Richarlison. But the rest of our team needs an overhaul and we have little to no real cash to do that.

By the time our squad catches up - if he becomes the player you hope he may have had enough by then and wants to leave to fight for titles anyhow. The team comes first not outward opinion that we might be viewed as a selling club which is just emotion talking and exactly why we haven't moved forward. The RS sell their asset and buy in what they need thus become a better side, can attract better players, go on and actually win something and the virtuous cycle continues.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.