Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched a French journo discuss our move for Serhou Guirassy.

Comments were:-

Top professional.
limited skillset, but v good in the air, good target man, great temperament
Averages 8-10 goals per season
Is more of a squad player, more a dcl type striker than rico
He only started 7 games last season, the rest of his appearances were from the bench
Was in some stages third choice striker at Rennes & with moving to a league of higher quality he could struggle
Has had injury issues
he believed 15million euro is about the right price for the player

Big time swerve.

If the rumour is true and Chelsea do want Gordon, here's what I'd do to replace him.

- Sign Martin Terrier from Rennes (approx £28m)
- Sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon (approx £10m)

In my humble opinion, both these players are as proven as we can hope for. In terms of goals and assists I believe these two players would combine to exceed the contributions made by Gordon and Richarlison last season.

Beyond that I'd want to see the two remaining loan slots used too, at least one on a CM. I worry we haven't actually done enough yet in terms of fixing the midfield.

We have a looming issue regarding wages however: too many players currently in the squad who don't contribute but are on hefty wedge. We should be working harder to get rid of anyone who isn't in genuine consideration for the first XI. With too many of them still here there's only so much we can do to upgrade the squad.

PS crazy to think that if a £50m bid for Gordon had come in 48 days ago we could have still completed all the business we have done so far but Richarlison could have still been here.
A player that scored 21 in 30 games availible for 10 million? What am I missing here?

We'd struggle to stay up with our current front three.

We can't rely on Calvert-Lewin to stay fit.

If we can bring in another couple of strikers then great.

If we can't, and selling Gordon allows us to bring in those players we need, IMO, to ensure the club is competitive enough to avoid another relegation scrap, then it's the game.

We'd struggle to stay up with our current front three.

We can't rely on Calvert-Lewin to stay fit.

If we can bring in another couple of strikers then great.

If we can't, and selling Gordon allows us to bring in those players we need, IMO, to ensure the club is competitive enough to avoid another relegation scrap, then it's the game.
Maybe it’s early days but how can we spend £20m on a winger (one of the 3) who is slow and cannot score nor assist?

Ever player has a price if they bid 50 is too much to turn down imo. I would still like the club to bring players in this week, before the gordon deal happens or not. We really need gana and another cf sone before saturday

Sounds underwhelming but at least he can be a target man and bring others into play
To be fair, he did say this, he mentioned Giroud and what he did in the world cup, said he can bring others into play but may not get the assit / goal that stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.