2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
dortmund - everton hmmmm i’m failing to see any similarity
That's because one has a proven history of recruiting young players on the cheap and developing them into elite level talent they sell for major fees/massive profit (ie. Haaland, Sancho, Pulisic, Bellingham soon no doubt) as their default modus operandi; whereas we have typically preferred to sign older donkeys with no resale value (ie. Delph, Siggy, Bolaise, Walcott, Tosun, Rondon) as part of our none-existent strategy whilst simulataneously keeping Davies here for life and offering Kenny contract extensions.

In short: one is a run like a proper football club, the other is not.

20m less than what has been offered.

Some dopey gets on here like.
Some dopey Evertonians thinking thinking Gordon will be anything but bang average! My point was I know we’ve been offered 40mil but I would also take 20mil, that’s how much I don’t rate him

i don’t like it tho mate we’re just a walk over
Then the issue is not that we are a "selling club" it's that traditionally we've been rubbish at doing it. Leics do it well, Saints, Brighton, even the RS all do it well. We have had god awful helmuts doing our business in the past. Get good negotiators doing the business and there's nothing wrong with the model.

Some dopey Evertonians thinking thinking Gordon will be anything but bang average! My point was I know we’ve been offered 40mil but I would also take 20mil, that’s how much I don’t rate him

He's clearly not worth 20m when someone has offered 40m. Basic economics proves that.

It was a daft post, but not the first time I've seen people advocating selling him for half of what was offered.

Not sure i believe that Chelsea would have their 50m target wandering around Euston station like a wolly taking selfies with people.

Photos are probably being recycled from his previous London visits.
He's free to wonder wherever he wants to, the club can't tell him to hide away just cos people might get photos with/of him, also he's got the Claire Balding cut in the photos i've seen of him (rules out they're recycled photos)

You dont rate Gordon but you rate Gilmour.

I don't want him to go. I actually think he is our best player currently.

I am past caring though, they are just players, get a different one in. They will all let you down at some point.

If this doesnt sum up what being an Evertonian is all about.

Why have spirit when you know the club will break it anyway.

183 pages and counting, and the most used to word to describe Anthony Gordon across those 183 pages is potential.

Not - he’s a good finisher.
Not - he’s a good crosser of a ball.
Not (even) - an average taker of a corner.
Not - yet a good provider of assists.
Not - he’s fit lad who can run all day.

Potentially, he could be good or even great at a few of them at some point in the future, but can this current Everton team wait to find out! When, potentially with another £40m+ in the bank, we could buy a player or even two who can now score a goal or three, as well as do some of the other stuff already!

Reactions: JLW
Yes I'm grumpy and negative but these problems we have in attack were all very foreseeable early in the summer. I don't believe we have the goals in the squad right now to survive in this league. That's my honest opinion and I'm not on a wind up. I hope I'm wrong and I easily could be wrong, but I'm shocked by how much the opinion seems to have annoyed other posters lol
As things stand right now, zero doubt in my mind no team in the Prem scores fewer goals than we do this season. Could very easily be a record low; meaning the plan for this season is simply to be more defensively solid than last year, turn last years defeats into draws this season, and get to points safety that way.

Scandalous.

Status
Not open for further replies.