2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon must be turned into Judas. It's the Everton Way.

A return to the nasty days for this club. I thought that was behind us when that gigantic waste of skin Kenwright sold up.

But here he is again doing what he does best: turning the press arse wipes he keeps fed to destroy another Evertron kid. And people lap it up.

You're entitled to your views mate, but he goes to ground a lot because he gets fouled.

I have no idea why Chelsea are buying him, but I'd suggest that we don't have enough quality in our squad to have a lad who's worth more than 42m as an impact sub. Who have we got who is valued higher than that?

He has been a key man for us, a match winner, our best attacking player this season, and it's why world class teams are cuing up to make huge bids for him. They see a world class young talent.

So would you not be happy if we got £50m for him and replaced him with 2 quality attacking players?

I think davek's right to be sceptical that Gordon's trying to force a sale. Everton's in his blood, playing for us is his dream, that's been so obvious. It's completely normal for contract improvement negotiations to get stalled.

That said, IF it's true that Chelsea are offering us upwards of £40m, then let's grab the money and move on. Especially if we get ourselves a share of any sell-on fee.

A return to the nasty days for this club. I thought that was behind us when that gigantic waste of skin Kenwright sold up.

But here he is again doing what he does best: turning the press arse wipes he keeps fed to destroy another Evertron kid. And people lap it up.
Conspiracy.

Mate, you're boring.

Compose yourself. Make your point and move on.

Stop monopolising threads.

The only thing that was left behind when Kenwright sold up was us having a good owner.

Alright so we know Chelsea are interested have put in an initial bid for him. We know around the total amount. We know Lampard wanted to keep him and develop him. We don't know at this point whether Gordon is pushing for the move. We don't know the structure of the proposed deal. We don't know whether Lampard has shifted his view on him. And most importantly, we don't know who we would turn to in the market with the money received.

Value-wise, it's a no brainer to sell. But for me that assumes both that the structure of the deal doesn't include a ton of add-ons that aren't attainable, and that we have some targets lined up. We are playing with fire with this since we don't have a striker and have 2 losses in 2 games. But yeah you have to take the money. I'd be sad to see him go because we'll never know what might have been. He showed more passion last season than most of our players combined over the last few seasons. Unfortunately this is modern football - there's not much loyalty in either direction and you can't get too attached to players. Anyone can get sold, it's all about re-investing in good players that fit your club and system. Let's see what happens. We need at least two forwards even before a possible Gordon departure, so it would certainly be interesting if nothing else...

Tbf any young player would join Chelsea, career can end overnight

Let the ' artist go....

1660591613353.png

Status
Not open for further replies.