2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison is hard to replace and the club have failed so far, absolutely.

But Richarlison was sold to appease P&L. That £60m hasn't been available to spend.

I don't think Gordon's output is particularly hard to replace.

And if we do sell him, we'll have £50m to spend + the room it creates for us to be able to pay more in downpayments, which has been the issue all summer.

Unless ofc we've already been spending this money mate.

@Jimishorts do the business please ?

As per request.

8EFBA425-5A31-4482-8FDF-BEA1991B0274.jpeg

x

All Dom and Tom’s fault for spending all summer telling him to fly free, not be afraid to express himself, and be who whoever he wants to be. Literally immediately dyes his hair, gets some whitening toothpaste, borrows Toms skate-wear and cap from 2015, sets fire to his £100k contract offer and starts flirting with Tuchel whilst celebrating an offside goal. All in a fortnight.

Good luck to him really. We’ve seen the “player asked to leave” media drip feeding countless times, I’m not sure this is it. Club shut this down weeks ago. He could have done the same. But if he is that confident of ousting James as a marauding RWB fair play and good luck to him.

I still fear he will be a guaranteed loan to whoever gets promoted next year.

I’m so confused. A couple of days ago you were adamant that nobody was suggesting Gordon was one of the best young players in Europe, then it was pointed out that actually you had said exactly that, and you backtracked and said you didn’t mean it. Now you’re saying he’s world class?!

What I'm saying is, Chelsea are paying a price for a player they feel has elite/world class potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.