Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's a model that requires excellent recruitment consistently mate, we have shown we can't cone close to that - we get lucky every now and again which allows us to keep our head just above water, eventually it's more likely we get it wrong and sink than suddenly start getting everything right.

Look at the last 15 years and track what can be regarded as saleable assets st the club, year on year it's been reducing.

Right now we if we sell Gordon have Pickford as the only one - and that's debatable given lack of interest in him, DCL is the only other - again the injury issues make that debatable too.

After that we literally have nothing left to sell, Onana and Patterson - maybe will become so, maybe they won't it's way too early to tell.

We have zero really coming via the academy, I suspect the Braithwaite loan is not to develop him for us but to raise his value to well next summer - big clubs had an interest in him when brands was here.

After they what's left - but worse then that is if you take away the players who I listed above, we can't sell anything else as there is literally no interest in anything in the squad - we could barely give away most for free.

Dortmund built a good team then consistently ran there model from being one of the top 2 teams in the country able to cherry pick anyone not wanted by Bayern we aren't in that situation, we are left trying to grab bargains we hope will suddenly come good.
Blue Steve indeed.
It's only a game mate ?

I can't disagre with any of that.

What I do know is that this team needs a major infusion of creative and attacking players or we are going down.

We can only achieve that by selling players . In the absence of selling Mina , Keane , Gbamin , Gomes or Allan ( presumably they've tried ) there is , as you say , only DCL , Pickford or Gordon.

DCL and Gordon have the biggest upside for P&S . Clearly we can't sell DCL due to injury and those injuries will have eroded his value in any event.

We can only hope that Thelwell bucks the trend and recruits well.

The option of keeping Gordon and not adding creativity and goals has the inevitable feel of relegation to me.

Do you think Gordon will stay with us if we go down ?

No idea if he would do mate or not,

But I don't believe we will add creativity and goals - we may loan something in to band aid that for one season.

Selling your two outlets for me has the feeling of relegation too mate.

Like Gordon or not one thing he does provide is an outlet to get out our half, can go past a player and genuinely if you lined up v this Everton as an opponent he's the only one you'd have a concern with causing problems as an opponent.

We probably are in sell to buy. It's easy to get carried away but in our state we were never going to fund an almost total first team rebuild on the Richarlison money alone. I think Gordon won't take any persuading to go, and neither will Everton to accept a decent offer.

It's what we do with the proceeds that counts. None of this is on Thelwell and Lampard, and if the money is spent well, then despite all the odds, we can end this window with a better group of players than when it started. The extent to which that's the case would be open for debate.

No idea if he would do mate or not,

But I don't believe we will add creativity and goals - we may loan something in to band aid that for one season.

Selling your two outlets for me has the feeling of relegation too mate.

Like Gordon or not one thing he does provide is an outlet to get out our half, can go past a player and genuinely if you lined up v this Everton as an opponent he's the only one you'd have a concern with causing problems as an opponent.
He doesn't score or assist though.
50 million gets us players who do.
I do wonder what I'm missing with Gordon, Pundits seem to love him, other teams fans also rate him....I really can't see how a player who blows out his arse after 60 minutes but to be fair manages to spray a few goal bound shots per game is worth that kind of money.
I can only presume I am missing a trick, wouldn't be the first time... but really I don't get it.

I do wonder what I'm missing with Gordon, Pundits seem to love him, other teams fans also rate him....I really can't see how a player who blows out his arse after 60 minutes but to be fair manages to spray a few goal bound shots per game is worth that kind of money.
I can only presume I am missing a trick, wouldn't be the first time... but really I don't get it.
Only 21, and lots of potential.

Certainly not the finished article, but will only get better.

Breaking him down.

His defensive metrics are exceptional mate, on top of that he is very very fast and can beat a man, the first is something not many wingers have combined with the next two it's one only the elite wingers have.

Whst he lacks is end product, but the caveat to that is he's in a side devoid of creative talent or goalscorers. At under 21 level surrounded by players with that his end product has been very very good.

That's what top sides see

This, exactly.

Also hope people realise that should Onana or Patterson have a breakthrough first season, there is a very good likelihood that any offer giving us 25-50% profit will be accepted.
Nothing wrong with that model, in fact I'd be hoping for a bit more.

It works for Brighton and Brentford, we should try and do the same.

According to the BBC gossip page, the Times have Chelsea coming back at 45m. Surely we've got to start being interested at that price.

Spent wisely (I know ..), think what that could do for our squad in the here and now

Gbamin and Gomes I think we will have to loan out to get their salaries (or the most part) off the books. Maybe Rondon also at the end of the window if replacements are found.

Can see Nkounkou going out too.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.