2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not world class.

I wonder how many points we'll be on by the time all those players are signed? And how many points we'll have thrown away?
Yeah absolutely not ideal but that's where we find ourselves.

This narrative of Everton looking to sell Gordon so they can swallow the cash and non reinvest it is annoying.

All we've done is shower in £50 notes for years and wasted it.

What do we all know about Moshiri from his tenure? He likes to impress, clearly. (Although he's gotten it very wrong).

To think after we survived last year by the skin of our teeth that he's not going to reinvest every penny we get for Gordon is STUPID.

You big bunch of wet ones.

See you all next Tuesday.

Oh believe me, you don't strike me as the type of guy to ever consider himself in a state of 'buzzing'.

Jesus wept.

People buzzing over signings before a ball has been kicked is a problem in this fanbase and always has been, we’d convinced ourselves we’d had amazing transfer windows every season from 2016-2020 and now every player we signed during that period we’ve ended up desperately wanting rid of.

Yeah absolutely not ideal but that's where we find ourselves.

This narrative of Everton looking to sell Gordon so they can swallow the cash and non reinvest it is annoying.

All we've done is shower in £50 notes for years and wasted it.

What do we all know about Moshiri from his tenure? He likes to impress, clearly. (Although he's gotten it very wrong).

To think after we survived last year by the skin of our teeth that he's not going to reinvest every penny we get for Gordon is STUPID.

You big bunch of wet ones.

See you all next Tuesday.

Why you throwing this around after a season of nearly getting relegated, then losing our best player and best young player, and not looking like we can score a goal unless an opponent does it for us?

I think people are entitled to be worried and not feel buzzing.

Why would those players after losing Richarlison and Gordon make a successful transfer window?

There's no way that would strengthen the squad.

I'm not being negative for the sake of it. I'm trying to get people to start being realistic and to realise the direction of travel at the club. People are in for a big shock this season with their unrealistic expectations with this dreadful squad.
Replacing Gordon and Richy with Terrier and Gibbs White on the surface seems like good business.

It'll be good for the books AND the two we've brought in have a better record of knowing where the goal is.

AND you know that big gaping hole throughout our defense and midfield?

We've filled it with B&Q's finest cement.

Nothings getting through there mate.

All gonna be A-Ok.

It’s clear another sale is required before any more substantial incomings. I’m not falling for a few of the narratives being pushed either.

Replacing Gordon and Richy with Terrier and Gibbs White on the surface seems like good business.

It'll be good for the books AND the two we've brought in have a better record of knowing where the goal is.

AND you know that big gaping hole throughout our defense and midfield?

We've filled it with B&Q's finest cement.

Nothings getting through there mate.

All gonna be A-Ok.
Things can look good on paper but we need and out and out goalscorer and those players don't provide that. Midfield and defence are completely irrelevant while we have the least goal threat in the division. That gets a side relegated regardless of defence.

It's not like we have a world class defence either. We just improved it a bit, but still have conceded 2 poor goals to an average Villa side. The idea nothing is getting through our defence is just clearly not true.

If people would stop buzzing over new signings every time we sign someone, then we might get some reality back at this club. People don't even care who we are signing, just that there is a shiny new player to obsess over. How about we judge the recruitment on its merits and how it will help fix our weaknesses rather than getting carried away in July before we've even won a point or scored a goal.

We are so so bad at the transfer market. Like the worst club in the past decade at this. It seems like no one in the league is better at selling low and bidding against ourselves for players we want. Chelsea seems to really want the guy, so stick a huge price tag on him (say 1/3-1/2 more of what Chelsea offered) and stick w/ the price, it sends a message to the player that hey, we'll sell you, they just have to meet our price and maybe they just don't you all that much if they don't spend (not to mention that there are other clubs who would want him). It also sends a message to other clubs that if you want our players, we'll name the price. Clubs like spurs/RS do this, and they always get their money. FFS Spurs got 50+M for Kyle Walker and that was 5 years ago. Not to mention Chelsea just ponied up 60M for Pulisic a couple years back, a dude who lost his starting position at Dortmund, they'll pay.

You want us to seriously ask for £60m ? Gordon hasn't shown anything like that. And the others you referred to were a lot more established.

And who uses the word "dude" ?!

Why you throwing this around after a season of nearly getting relegated, then losing our best player and best young player, and not looking like we can score a goal unless an opponent does it for us?

I think people are entitled to be worried and not feel buzzing.
Because the window isn't over yet.

I'm taking away peoples entitlement to fume and you don't like it.

We know where we're at. We know we wanted to start the season with everything in place.

However, with the nature of the window running into the season and our budget restrictions, it's made it difficult.

Take them at their word. Judge them at the end of the window.

Then you have every right to fume.

Status
Not open for further replies.