2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think if we sell Gordon and Dele leaves we need more than 2 forward players in.

A real, true quality wide forward (Terrier would be a dream), I'd say another attacking midfielder (could definitely see MGW if Dele is going) and then a forward.

I do think if Gordon stays it'll be 2 players coming in though, too. Just probably a different calibre of player.
You'd have Gray, McNeil and Rondon plus the two new signings with DCL and Townsend presumably coming back and then Iwobi as an emergency option who I honestly think would be fine if he's given the kind of freedom Gray and Gordon have been getting. I think that is plenty so maybe the third signing is a loan so you aren't jamming it up too much going forward.

Fair enough mate. You're entitled to your opinion.

I think getting a big price for Gordon, to then go and pay the same money for Gibbs White is completely self defeating.
I agree. What's the point swapping two players of roughly the same current output and potential.

If we sell AG we've got to be able to bring in proven, ready made creative players

I can understand it this late in the window but on the flip side I think we'd have to really mess up not to improve on his output with so much money available.

We know the club really like Terrier. He'd be superb, never got why Lyon got rid tbh but in Europe the teams tend to be more ruthless.

I worry he has only had 1 good season.

If the club value Gordon above 50m then I simply have no faith that the people in charge have any clue. It really is that simple.

I like Gordon. I can see an entire new front line being brought in with the funds. I don't like Gordon more than that.

Well who is the frontline then? As you were advocating buying MGW who is going for 40m earlier.

So who are these other 2 players, who are going to help us for 10m combined?

Like I said, the lads I know who have this information get it from very good sources at City. The 'openly published information you refer to' (which can only be reports, btw, as no transfer details are really exposed much in 'public' other than through reports), may well have been documented by one of them.
T

Status
Not open for further replies.