2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 3 years left.

I'm starting to get cynical over this because I've saw 2 reported incorrectly in a few places. I think this is a deliberate error to fit the narrative.
Yeah if he has 3 years left, we can say we don't want to sell and see when Chelsea stop bidding.

We sold Richy a month and a half ago, we made no effort (tangible) to replace, now people are buying the line we have to sell to buy again.

Utter bs.

Let's put it in plain terms, the club had to have factored the 10m fee for Dele into the budget - that will have ALL had to be paid up front. We also know there is money to spend just not much up front, well Dele leaving has just added 10m to up front payments straight away, and also frees up around 5m in wages, not counting any possible loan fee we receive.

That's circa 15m up front that the club wasn't counting on.

I worry he has only had 1 good season.
Terrier?

Nine goals, 8 assists all comps in 20-21, following Raphina's departure too.

6 goals, 2 assist for Lyon in 19-20.

He's a wide forward not a striker. I maybe biased because like I said I rated him while he was at Lyon but he's been superb at Rennes.

Like I said, the lads I know who have this information get it from very good sources at City. The 'openly published information you refer to' (which can only be reports, btw, as no transfer details are really exposed much in 'public' other than through reports), may well have been documented by one of them.
That assumption was not true either. Word for word quote from press conference.

We sold Richy a month and a half ago, we made no effort (tangible) to replace, now people are buying the line we have to sell to buy again.

Utter bs.

Let's put it in plain terms, the club had to have factored the 10m fee for Dele into the budget - that will have ALL had to be paid up front. We also know there is money to spend just not much up front, well Dele leaving has just added 10m to up front payments straight away, and also frees up around 5m in wages, not counting any possible loan fee we receive.

That's circa 15m up front that the club wasn't counting on.
We absolutely don't HAVE to sell Gordon.

But if we get an offer of £50m+ the debate is should we, because that money would completely change the landscape for us not just now but also over the next few windows.

We absolutely don't HAVE to sell Gordon.

But if we get an offer of £50m+ the debate is should we, because that money would completely change the landscape for us not just now but also over the next few windows.
I agree but if we sell him and sign the likes of adams maupay would we be any better off ?

That assumption was not true either. Word for word quote from press conference.
That's fair enough, like I said it was an assumption, so apologies. If you believe everything you hear in a press conference though then fair play!

Look, I trust the people I got that info from. I don't have any contacts for Everton, not really bar the ones well documented that everyone shares on here so I'm not gonna try blag any of that info as behind the scenes stuff, but for this I trust the lads I got it from. They're both journalists, both very good contacts at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.