2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejected £45m from Chelsea.

If you believe the reports, AG has rejected a new contract and also stated he won’t sign a new contract.

Seems a tad ungrateful from a self confessed blue who Everton have invested at lot of money and time in, if true of course.

Everton need to sell and want £50m.
He's not rejected a new contract. Everton don't need to sell. If we do sell, we're getting a hell of a good deal for him.

I don't think it actually dies change the landscape to any great degree mate.

Assuming a conservative estimate of 40m with 10 in add-ons.

That's 40m added to the plus right now on p&s, anyone we bring in will subtract off that, it effectively allows us an extra 40m over 2-3 seasons (the likely payment structures of deals) whilst needing to replace Gordon - likely with someone on considerably higher wages then he is.

Exactly what is 40m whilst having to replace a key player going to change?

Yes we can offer more up front on deals, we will also likely find an increase in any asking price also.

We've likely backended a lot of the current deals we've made for Onana and McNeil already - the Gordon fee will effectively be part used to offset this.

At best it will allow us to bring in one or two B rate players over C ones, talks of it'll allow us to go buy Terrier and MGW - well that's 65-70m - exactly where in the next 2-3 seasons is that shortfall coming from?
It's huge for the accounting mate as it will count in the current 3-year window and the one after that and the one after that. Combined with the Kean money that can show a circa £80m injection from two player sales. It's huge.

It also frees us up to pay more in downpayments, which has been a main sticking point all summer for some key targets.

The Gordon fee won't be used in part to offset deals we have already agreed to mate as that money will be accounted for or we wouldn't have done the deals.

We also have huge TV money investments and a new stadium coming in 2024.

A huge sale of a player for pure profit now is a big help. But we don't have to do it, of course.

I worry that he's the latest in the long line of players that we get tenuously linked with and then the fanbase obsess over without having heard of him a few weeks ago.

If he's as good as some would have you believe why is he still at his club with two weeks of the window left?
Leeds signed Raphinha from the same club on deadline day 2020 so please, stop talking balls Mr Testicles :)

I've seen Terrier play a lot, I really like him. Of course, there are other players to go and get, he's just an example.

I don't think it actually dies change the landscape to any great degree mate.

Assuming a conservative estimate of 40m with 10 in add-ons.

That's 40m added to the plus right now on p&s, anyone we bring in will subtract off that, it effectively allows us an extra 40m over 2-3 seasons (the likely payment structures of deals) whilst needing to replace Gordon - likely with someone on considerably higher wages then he is.

Exactly what is 40m whilst having to replace a key player going to change?

Yes we can offer more up front on deals, we will also likely find an increase in any asking price also.

We've likely backended a lot of the current deals we've made for Onana and McNeil already - the Gordon fee will effectively be part used to offset this.

At best it will allow us to bring in one or two B rate players over C ones, talks of it'll allow us to go buy Terrier and MGW - well that's 65-70m - exactly where in the next 2-3 seasons is that shortfall coming from?

I think a couple of questions/points.
1) I do wonder if sides can count the total fees in P & L
2) There us a question about how much money Moshiri will want to put in moving forward.
3) If he continues to, there are separate issues, what he will put in, and what FFP will allow.
4) adding costs next summer is basically ok, because we lose a hugely unprofitable year (2017/18) off the cycle, so we get wriggle room.
5) What a 50m transfer does, is basically keep us under for this year, which is a pinch point.

It's huge for the accounting mate as it will count in the current 3-year window and the one after that and the one after that. Combined with the Kean money that can show a circa £80m injection from two player sales. It's huge.

It also frees us up to pay more in downpayments, which has been a main sticking point all summer for some key targets.

The Gordon fee won't be used in part to offset deals we have already agreed to mate as that money will be accounted for or we wouldn't have done the deals.

We also have huge TV money investments and a new stadium coming in 2024.

A huge sale of a player for pure profit now is a big help. But we don't have to do it, of course.

We dont have to, but we probably need to bring some funds in, in some way this year.

I think a couple of questions/points.
1) I do wonder if sides can count the total fees in P & L
2) There us a question about how much money Moshiri will want to put in moving forward.
3) If he continues to, there are separate issues, what he will put in, and what FFP will allow.
4) adding costs next summer is basically ok, because we lose a hugely unprofitable year (2017/18) off the cycle, so we get wriggle room.
5) What a 50m transfer does, is basically keep us under for this year, which is a pinch point.

Which as I've said mate, Dele has now freed up 15m for this seasons accounts minimum even with zero loan fee. That's 15m more on this seasons up front payments effectively. Which is more than we've currently spent on them by about 5m

We dont have to, but we probably need to bring some funds in, in some way this year.
Well we've got the Kean money, sure-fire guarantee, but it's only 30m Euros.

So yeah, if we want to go and free up some more funds then a huge, pure-profit sale like this would be massive for us.

Not saying we'd be able to go out and buy a world class player or two, but it would mean we'd be have the financial strength to go and get in some definite improvements.

But look if he doesn't go we've got a great talent on our hands who should continue to improve.

xpp24i6lth491.jpg

"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog"

That's a bit presumptious isn't it?
He also plays in a far better team
I never said he wasn't better, but the comparison is there nonetheless.
Not really he looks a top player tracks back and helps his full back out gets forward but doesn't just run until he can shoot or runs into a dead end he tries to bring his team mates into play and crosses the ball. Always going to be hard to replace a player like mane but he's not a serious downgrade and can't really compare him to Gray. So would you just give him the nod over Gray if he played for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.