Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get an over-inflated fee for Gordon just to pay a similar over-inflated fee for MGW then we are imbeciles and the whole endeavour will have been utterly pointless.
100% agree. The only things in our favour though are that Wolves probably need to sell someone to cover the Nunes fee apparently and MGW only has 2 years left on his deal and isn't signing a new one, so who knows.

100% agree. The only things in our favour though are that Wolves probably need to sell someone to cover the Nunes fee apparently and MGW only has 2 years left on his deal and isn't signing a new one, so who knows.
I actually think the lad looks decent but £35m for a player with one good season in the Championship seems insane to me.

Where on earth have all the prolific goal scorers gone in football?

I remember the era of the Premier League where it had Shearer/Cole/Rooney/RVP/Ruud van Nistelrooy/Bergkamp/Henry/et al banging in goals for fun season after season. For me, the golden era of the PL.

PSG, Real Madrid, City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter

Welcome to modern football, the utter consolidation of all world class talent across a handful of clubs

PSG, Real Madrid, City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter

Welcome to modern football, the utter consolidation of all world class talent across a handful of clubs
Yep and even the promising young starters are snapped up as squad players now, they don't even have to use them ie Gordon.

This one just makes a lot of sense. Good price, good record, scores goals and gives you the option of playing off the left when DCL is fit rather than just buying a pure backup.

I actually think the lad looks decent but £35m for a player with one good season in the Championship seems insane to me.
I agree. They might take less if they get Nunes through the door, player pushes etc. Or we could offer £35m in total (with major add ons, which we'd be no doubt happy to pay should he meet them). Lots of things could happen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.