2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re not his trophies, Goat. He’s got as much claim to them as you have all of Joey Chestnut’s hot dog eating titles.
Years ago, I made a gaming clan, I spent time, energy recruiting good players, I wasnt good enough to make the team, so I watched on the sidelines as the team I made swept everybody aside to win The Clanbase Open Cup 2002, did it feel like my trophy? Did it take away my joy whenever I posted on the clanbase forum with a gold cup next to my name? Was 1 of the worst days in my life when my account was banned cos I played with a convicted cheater?

Some people just like to cuckold.

Please dont kink shame.

Years ago, I made a gaming clan, I spent time, energy recruiting good players, I wasnt good enough to make the team, so I watched on the sidelines as the team I made swept everybody aside to win The Clanbase Open Cup 2002, did it feel like my trophy? Did it take away my joy whenever I posted on the clanbase forum with a gold cup next to my name? Was 1 of the worst days in my life when my account was banned cos I played with a convicted cheater?

Some people just like to cuckold.

Please dont kink shame.

Dont care virgin

Fair enough mate.

I just know what some Evertonians are like.
Yeah I totally get it and sorry for being a bit harsh there. Just don't think judging a player still being at a certain club until late in the window means they aren't quality...

But yeah I am biased with Terrier, I really rate him and would love us to sign him but sure there are lots of others out there!

It takes all sorts Frenk.

Hunger, all the very best players in the world have it, you think Messi and Cr7 look at their bank balance and think they have done well? Hell no.

Its the same in life Frenk, some people just want to earn as much as they can and relax, some people will push and push, no matter what, they want more.

I think its clear what bracket Barkley is in, Me? I dont know, throw 500k a month at me and im almost certain it would quell my hunger, what about you Frenk?
I guess if I had his talent I would feel a little regret at his age to have played so few games.
Does money make it all ok, though? I guess for some it does. But for others I don’t know? Many are flush with so much cash and still seem to be as unhappy as the day they saw the rich guy and said if only I had what he has.

Truthfully in my own life I have had to analyze this myself more recently as I think many have over these last two years.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t begrudge him his career choices that’s up to him. I just see somebody who had so much talent that’s gone to waste and in some respects it saddens me.

It just winds me up, it shouldnt, but everybody talking about up front fees, not a peep will be said next summer about all the payments we will have to make, not a peep this summer on payments we will have had to make for the players signed in the last 2 or 3 years either.

As I say, I should just go about my day and not mention it and no doubt ive highlighted it, it wont get any better but still.

Keep it simple lads, NET spend is the most useless metric in football, well it was, until people turned to down payments, which is even more useless. Unless people can give me a list of the payments, when they are due, what amount, what are the adds, till then, im gonna use NET spend!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, on top of Agents fees, signing on fees, we have defo spent vastly more than 10million English pounds.
Should have written this one paragraph at a time, spread over 5 years.

We need a decision on this by the next game so we know our budget.

You cant recruit efficiently if you aren't sure if another 50m might land into your budget. You need clarity but we haven't much time.
Well it's up to Chelsea. They've bid, if certain reporters are to be believed, twice in the space of two days.

So if they bid again it could be very soon.

In the meantime we know what we need - a striker as a priority and Gana - and can work on those. That doesn't change regardless of Gordon. If he goes, we go and get a replacement for him (ideally one that is better) and another forward player will be needed if Dele is off.

Well it's up to Chelsea. They've bid, if certain reporters are to be believed, twice in the space of two days.

So if they bid again it could be very soon.

In the meantime we know what we need - a striker as a priority and Gana - and can work on those. That doesn't change regardless of Gordon. If he goes, we go and get a replacement for him (ideally one that is better) and another forward player will be needed if Dele is off.
If Gordon goes for big money then we can spend more on replacements and that might mean getting better players

We need a decision on this by the next game so we know our budget.

You cant recruit efficiently if you aren't sure if another 50m might land into your budget. You need clarity but we haven't much time.
I think the club already know if we are selling him, we're just playing hard to up the fee, like Swansea did on us for Siggy.
Be interesting too see if he plays on Saturday, if he doesn't we can read into that if we want, personally I wouldn't risk him getting injured

If Gordon goes for big money then we can spend more on replacements and that might mean getting better players
yes but that would still likely leave us without a striker for the weekend mate so I think the club should be - and it seems like they are - working on other deals in the meantime.

There'd be nothing to stop us going out and getting another two attacking players of higher quality/potential if we sold Gordon, even if we did get in say an Adams or Maupay this week (just two examples based on reports in the last few days)

I think the club already know if we are selling him, we're just playing hard to up the fee, like Swansea did on us for Siggy.
Be interesting too see if he plays on Saturday, if he doesn't we can read into that if we want, personally I wouldn't risk him getting injured
If he's here he's our player and he should play considering we have 0 points and currently not great attacking options, like

Howling

Status
Not open for further replies.