2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
…according to some knowledgable folk on here, he doesn’t want to leave but the club’s PR machine are telling their contacts in the press that he wants to leave & is refusing to sign an improved contract with us.

I think the gist is that the club wants to push him out.

At least I think that’s what they’re saying, it’s all very complicated.
This is a carbon copy of Rooney situation. Sacrificial lam to appease the financial stability gods

Someone has literally been chatting to him this morning in Formby, he is not NOT in london
He also stated this morning that he was defo not joining Chelsea, do I suggest people ignore the nonsense for a while

It’s getting to stupid levels, our fans turning on our players on baseless gossip, it’s not healthy
Not sure anyone has turned on him per se, apart from the few who will turn on anything but they are best left to their own devices. Most, understand the perspective from his and Evertons point of view and anywhere near the prices quoted is a plundering of Chelsea riches and should not be sniffed at.

He appears to be a decent lad, one of our own but fully understand why he would want out given the current situation with us.

No hard feelings on this one from me if it happens, but the income needs to be invested heavily in the team, not that my opinion matters really!

This is a carbon copy of Rooney situation. Sacrificial lam to appease the financial stability gods

….allegedly.

Personally, regardless of the politics I think the monies on offer are perfectly reasonable & I’d happily move Gordon on. We need income to bring players in who will secure our short-term place in this division & Gordon is a sellable asset.

…according to some knowledgable folk on here, he doesn’t want to leave but the club’s PR machine are telling their contacts in the press that he wants to leave & is refusing to sign an improved contract with us.

I think the gist is that the club wants to push him out.

At least I think that’s what they’re saying, it’s all very complicated.
I’m not surprised, when you’ve got a team offering almost double his worth.

Just as an aside - The ‘phone me’ celebration was very probably nothing to do with Chelsea, but if it was, did he think Chelsea were watching saying ‘Did you see the way the ball bounced off him when he was stood offside, costing his team a goal? Get him on the phone right now!’

Someone has literally been chatting to him this morning in Formby, he is not NOT in london
He also stated this morning that he was defo not joining Chelsea, do I suggest people ignore the nonsense for a while

It’s getting to stupid levels, our fans turning on our players on baseless gossip, it’s not healthy

I’m not turning on him.
I like him and don’t want him to go but there are respected journos tweeting that Chelsea want to sign him and Everton will let him go for the right price.

….allegedly.

Personally, regardless of the politics I think the monies on offer are perfectly reasonable & I’d happily move Gordon on. We need income to bring players in who will secure our short-term place in this division & Gordon is a sellable asset.

Have to disagree Eggs, where are you when no assets left and we just have deadwood rubbish.

Just as an aside - The ‘phone me’ celebration was very probably nothing to do with Chelsea, but if it was, did he think Chelsea were watching saying ‘Did you see the way the ball bounced off him when he was stood offside, costing his team a goal? Get him on the phone right now!’

It looked like he was asking Big Joe from Dudley to give him a bell.

Have to disagree Eggs, where are you when no assets left and we just have deadwood rubbish.

…I class a ‘sellable asset‘ as one you sell to generate decent income that doesn’t necessarily weaken the side. The challenge is to invest the income wisely. I didn’t class Richarlison or DCL in that category but injury has changed DCLs status.

I reckon £50m for Gordon is perfectly acceptable. We’ll miss his ability to stretch defenders & get behind the opposition but we won’t miss his output at this stage in his career & we can replace him with players who offer more at this point.

Gordon has the raw material to be special but it’s potential that might not be realised. From a risk perspective, whilst it’s wrong to anticipate injury he’s a proper speedster & they invariably have hamstring troubles.

I’m certainly in the sell camp.

Last edited:
Inappropriate Language
I see the media push is in full swing. Seeing comparisons between him, grealish and sancho because he outscored them both "while playing for everton" and they cost over 170m, so just think how good he could be.
It’s embarrassing. Seen that kopite tw*t Carragher going on about how richarlison changed the game on Sunday when he came on. Every time he commentated an Everton game previously he didn’t have a good word to say about him. Can’t stand sourness but he said, he only ran around a bit, no dribbles, passes or great bits of play

100% agree

People saying we think the club should accept a £50m offer coming in for him, if it were to come in for him, is a lot different to saying they actively want him to leave, or idiots buying a stupid narrative based on nothing substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.