The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the end of the window, we will have potentially lost five matches - including four league games against Forest, Brentford, Leeds and Villa - all winnable. If we lose all those matches because the board didn't get a striker, not only does that do a lot to damage confidence of the players already in the squad, but it also gives those other clubs we'd be fighting with in the table a big advantage.

I think our fans underestimate how big a job this rebuild is mate. We weren't bringing in 8+ players and sorting our FFP problems in the space of a couple of weeks.

New DOF
New Manager
New system / formation

We have to progress this season of course but at the same time it's unrealistic to have been chomping at the bit for the Chelsea game with all our problems addressed.

If fans haven't the patience to potentially sacrifice the first 3-4 games for the right targets to come in and have a better remaining 34-35 games that follow then they haven't learned from failings of the past.

…even he’s got to be embarrassed he appointed Benitez. It came close to ruining his investment, perhaps he is leaving things to others but I‘m not totally convinced just yet.
Agree, but he got himself into a situation were he had no alternative, he has learnt the hard and costly way.
his ownership has been a complete disaster but it's a mess that can be fixed, with a bit of time.

I think our fans underestimate how big a job this rebuild is mate. We weren't bringing in 8+ players and sorting our FFP problems in the space of a couple of weeks.

New DOF
New Manager
New system / formation

We have to progress this season of course but at the same time it's unrealistic to have been chomping at the bit for the Chelsea game with all our problems addressed.

If fans haven't the patience to potentially sacrifice the first 3-4 games for the right targets to come in and have a better remaining 34-35 games that follow then they haven't learned from failings of the past.
I'm happy to wait for the right targets, ive said that a few times. But you are championing Che Adams to go alongisde your "King Salaman" (whose name you dont even try to spell correctly).

I'm happy to wait for the right targets, ive said that a few times. But you are championing Che Adams to go alongisde your "King Salaman" (whose name you dont even try to spell correctly).

Im not the manager or DOF mate so my opinion doesn't matter.

I truly believe Lampard see's DCL as his no1 CF therefore we aint signing £30 million+ top CF to sit on our bench getting 10-15 minutes a game.

Che Che Adams is more than a decent squad player - 16 goals in the last 2 seasons.

Plenty of teams worse then us, Liverpool and United to name just two.
Enjoy this snapshot 2 games into the season. Let me know when the open top bus parade is or when the BK signed photograph of the league table in mid August is available for purchase. ;)Perhaps you can tell the grandkids about it one day?!?!..... #NSNO

I truly believe Lampard see's DCL as his no1 CF therefore we aint signing £30 million+ top CF to sit on our bench getting 10-15 minutes a game.

Che Che Adams is more than a decent squad player - 16 goals in the last 2 seasons.
Che Adams is garbage. Never once hit double figures in the top flight. The fact that relegation candidate Saints have no problem with him going should speak volumes. The fact you've had to refer to 2 seasons to give him a double figure goal returns proves my point.

That said, fully agree we're probably looking for "fill in" striker who can "do a job" moreso than proper a No9 to take DCL's place. Would be very surprised if we drop anything close to ~£30m on a striker (subject to the Gordon deal of course).

I agree on the wait thing, it's crazy people are moaning because we haven't bought a striker so far, we have to get the right one, not just throw money at whatever comes along first.

The eminent and highly respected Carl Sagan ahead of his time, surely talking about… well you guys figure it out…

Attachments

• 572025D5-7152-4503-B827-57568A9C1D91.jpeg
    572025D5-7152-4503-B827-57568A9C1D91.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 81

There’s quite a few on here would agree wholeheartedly with this ?

…even he’s got to be embarrassed he appointed Benitez. It came close to ruining his investment, perhaps he is leaving things to others but I‘m not totally convinced just yet.
You are correct again @Eggs as I, for one, think many are wary in case he sees progress and decides to involve himself once again.
At this juncture, early days I grant you, but I think we are all really hoping he has learnt the error of his expensive, and foolhardy, ways.

As I say, early days, but i think he may have been genuine in his statement when he wrote that lessons have been learnt.

What about replacing even Richy's output though? Time and time again this club leaves he squad badly short in key areas

Status
Not open for further replies.