Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes when I say forward i mean players who can play across the front line and or get goals. We need at least one player who can play through the middle who can rotate with Dom and one wide forward. We also need a creative player deeper.
Wasn’t meaning you specifically- just generally chat over last few weeks. Agree a centre forward to rotate with DCL and a wide forward would be good. Assuming we’re going to keep going with the 3 forward formation.

Between now and when the window closes we have Forest H, Brentford A, Leeds A. How many points will we have before the window closes?

The game after the window closes? The RS.

With these run of games we could be sat here with no wins in 6, I cant see a win in any of them unless we change this 5 at the back ?! IF Frank isnt going to change the system perhaps something else needs to change.......
2 games into the season. Try backing the manager considering they re clearly still working on signings.

It`s OK getting youngsters for the sake of getting youngsters but we got to stay in this league as well.....

Swerve Winks, Gilmour and Ampadu.

I would go after Rabiot or Zakaria who would be available cheap, both for less than Kean but high wages I`d think.

After all that is said and done we got to trust Lampard and Thelwell to get it right and back their decisions, it will be hard if we are selling Richy to be replaced by the likes of Gilmour and Ampadu!

With the players we are being linked to I`m seriously wondering if we will start next season any stronger than this season and much much weaker if we lose Richy.....

I`m not sure we are in for Dennis, I don`t think anyone on here will but Winks seems inevitable. Lampard was the majority fans choice and we have to trust him and Thelwell in their signings/rebuild.

Dennis is very similar to Richy in that he plays wide but scores a few with his head and can play in the 9.

We now have the footballing structure we have been clamoring for so now we got to trust the system.

If we don’t get a striker in by Saturday I reckon it’s a dereliction of duty by the club and I want 2 games of season ticket money back you muppets!
Not looking likely is it, it's Wednesday evening unless there's news tomorrow its King Solomon on Saturday that's if he starts

It’s not even the fact that we haven’t got a new striker in for Saturday, as much as we are weakening our options even further by letting another attacker in Dele go and another in Gordon who in all likelihood has had his head turned…

So if they don’t play - we have a half fit and mostly useless lump in Rondon, an erratic demarai gray and Dwight McNeill….

No other attacking options off the bench…nothing…three games into the season.

I mean we haven’t exactly ‘sorted’ the midfield either have we? I reckon at the back end of last season most people would have said we needed at least 2 central midfielders, 1 striker, 1 goalscoring wide player and a right back. Instead we’ve signed 1 midfielder, 2 centre halves, a left back and a wide player who doesn’t score.

The goalscoring issue is taking over because it’s such a clear problem but the problems elsewhere are still there.
We’re operating on a shoestring. That’s why everything is taking so long. Sure, we could have blown the budget on one forward, but it wouldn’t have helped.

We are buying lower cost players and trying to find value.

If you want an honest opinion, we are screwed and we may as well give up. Buying a whole premier league squad for £60m is not really possible and no DoF would make much difference. The club needs putting out of its misery. There is no point whinging at Thelwell, he has been dealt an awful hand and the fanbase have completely unrealistic expectations about what is possible for a club that hasn’t won anything in twenty seven years, narrowly avoided relegation last season, is hampered with unshiftable players on high wages and has a minuscule budget to address multiple problems.

Inspite of all of this, we have improved central defence significantly, have depth at fullback, have signed a really promising central midfielder, and are clearly pursuing forward options ahead of the window.

I refuse to panic until I see where we are at the end of the window.

Bear in mind though that DCL is already back in light training. It was only really a knock in the end, unrelated to his quad issues last season, so all going well he should probably make Brentford.
Positive but again we shouldn't be putting pressure on him to play every minute of every game his body has broken down two or three times in the last year. We need another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.