Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re operating on a shoestring. That’s why everything is taking so long. Sure, we could have blown the budget on one forward, but it wouldn’t have helped.

We are buying lower cost players and trying to find value.

If you want an honest opinion, we are screwed and we may as well give up. Buying a whole premier league squad for £60m is not really possible and no DoF would make much difference. The club needs putting out of its misery. There is no point whinging at Thelwell, he has been dealt an awful hand and the fanbase have completely unrealistic expectations about what is possible for a club that hasn’t won anything in twenty seven years, narrowly avoided relegation last season, is hampered with unshiftable players on high wages and has a minuscule budget to address multiple problems.

Inspite of all of this, we have improved central defence significantly, have depth at fullback, have signed a really promising central midfielder, and are clearly pursuing forward options ahead of the window.

I refuse to panic until I see where we are at the end of the window.
I’m aware of the financial situation (or as aware as you at least) and I’m not panicking in the slightest. The club will do the business they do, nothing I say on here will change it, I’m just passing comment.

I think we’ll be in trouble if we don’t bring in significant reinforcements in the next 2 weeks, same as I did at the start of the window. I think most neutrals see us as relegation candidates this year because that’s what we look like. There’s time for it to change but right now I would be surprised to see us better last years league position. That’s not great, however you look at it.

I’m aware of the financial situation (or as aware as you at least) and I’m not panicking in the slightest. The club will do the business they do, nothing I say on here will change it, I’m just passing comment.

I think we’ll be in trouble if we don’t bring in significant reinforcements in the next 2 weeks, same as I did at the start of the window. I think most neutrals see us as relegation candidates this year because that’s what we look like. There’s time for it to change but right now I would be surprised to see us better last years league position. That’s not great, however you look at it.
I expect one, maybe two forwards, free / 10-15m. They won’t be stellar players, but probably good enough for backup.

If Gordon goes then I expect 2-3 forwards in the next bracket up.

I don’t know if it will be sufficient, but it is the market we are having to deal in.

I expect one, maybe two forwards, free / 10-15m. They won’t be stellar players, but probably good enough for backup.

I don’t know if it will be sufficient, but it is the market we are having to deal in.
Because of the owner and board

If we don’t get a striker in by Saturday I reckon it’s a dereliction of duty by the club and I want 2 games of season ticket money back you muppets!
The thing is, here are the two scenarios that could play out:

1. We buy someone of lower quality now who we aren't that keen on just to get a CF in.
2. We wait incase our financial resources change drastically over the next 7-10 days and see if we can bring in sometime of much higher quality.

I know which one I'd prefer and I don't consider either a 'dereliction of duty '.

If we only sign one forward player then we may as well lock the gates til next August as we’ll be getting relegated.

We really would look a better team with Terrier and Garner added to the lineup.

(Still going 433 because I despise a back 5)

Pickford
Patterson Holgate Tarkowski Mykolenko
Garner Iwobi Onana
McNeil/Gray DCL Terrier

Add in Broja (loan) and maybe Ajorque (loan) too, suddenly we look more balanced.

Problem is we'd need to sell Gordon, Alli, Gomes, Allan and Gbamin in order to make room on the payroll. And we'd still be a little light on midfield depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.