2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, we absolutely must get a result on Saturday the kick start our season but I thought this was where we spoke things Anthony Gordon not Forest on Saturday!
I know, just mean I'm generally more terrified about us playing actual footy and not transfer speculation

Past the point of worrying about that when we're so crap at the actual thing and selling Gordon or not by Saturday won't change that, and if he's here he'll hopefully help us beat Forest.

I hope we don’t sell Gordon , but if we do then the team has to start to show improvement within a very short space of time and any players bought on the back of this putative sale will have to prove themselves from the off.
No more forbearance and a decreased measure of patience for the management. If we sell our future then the present will have to start looking better pretty damn quick.

I hope we don’t sell Gordon , but if we do then the team has to start to show improvement within a very short space of time and any players bought on the back of this putative sale will have to prove themselves from the off.
No more forbearance and a decreased measure of patience for the management. If we sell our future then the present will have to start looking better pretty damn quick.
Good post.

We won't fix it for Saturday

So the two don't compute

I'm much more worried about Saturday as to whether we decide to sell Gordon or not, which I think we will if Chelsea meet our valuation
No we won't, but if we fix it we will win more games in the future so Saturday isn't a must win anymore.

Who cares what nobs on social media say or on this forum, the lads who go the match will get behind him as they've always done - not heard any abuse if the lad ever at the ground compared to on here
He got quite a bit of abuse around me at Villa on Sat prior to any bid

I don't see it that way really mate, though as long as the caveat is we do get forward players in.

This time last week I don't think any of us as fans would have expected this situation to have occurred but we were all sure we'd get attackers in - sensible people just also knew that in all likelihood they would be of a certain quality/availability (your Adams, Maupays, Moffis of this world etc). I said this yesterday to another poster but IMO nothing changes in that regard right now, because as it stands Gordon is our player so we keep doing what we're doing, which is trying to bolster the squad with what funds we have.

If more funds become available in the scale that such a sale like this potential one would provide, then it would in theory open up a higher calibre of player, although of course clubs would know we'd have money to burn heading into the final two weeks of the window too.
That's exactly what I was thinking we would hopefully bring in a higher quality forward with more funds available, if we kept Gordon got Gana in and 2 forward players id also be happy just think 45m at this stage is a ridiculous amount to turn down if he adds some more goals and assists and better crossing stats this season then that figure is not as mad as it seems. Whether he stays or goes I feel that price tag adds pressure on him so lets see if he can step up to it.

Will need to see how the next 2 weeks go, before I would say that.

We do appear to be on a "throw the first 5 games" trajectory currently.
40 points from 33 games is beyond this squad

Its another season where we didnt prepare properly and were nowhere near ready. I'm fed up with the rubbish that is being served up. It shouldn't be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.