Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going with no new attacking player on saturday? To be fair the director only had a week really to sort out any incoming...probably too busy trying to lower our wage bill whilst offering literally peanuts and others really going for it with proper bids...well there is always deadline day I guess...
Nail on the head there mate. As soon as shift Gordon weekly PAYE we will deffo create more chances.?

So we're not accepting bottom of the table then TIMOTHY

I didn't literally mean dead last in 20th. I meant down the bottom. Which we are, and are likely to remain.

No difference of finishing 18-20th. The end result is the same. People need to get their expectations in check and accept early this is another survival season. No point kidding ourselves, we need to have the right mentality and be up for the fight.

Are we trying out some sort of social experiment to see if you can stay up in this league without a forward?
City have the Centurions, Arsenal have the Invincibles, we could be the first team to survive trying to nil-nil our way through the season. (I can already hear BK's voice narrating the commemorative DVD........)

It depends on the clubs strategy to risk, sustainability and consistency - i think Stoke were the for runners, they showed they could do it with a championship squad and incrementally improve.

I think most clubs hedge their bets, in a way Norwich are better of financially then Forrest after two promotions. Norwich come up first time get the revenue - try and stay up, dont, go back down and then get the parachute payments - they have more money in the championship then everyone else - come up again, year in the PL - go back down more parachute payments - Norwich two promotions are worth 200 mill to them in PL revenue and 160 mill in parachute payments. They take a long term view until they crack it. They dont need to fire sale and will back themselves for promotion. If Forrest go down there will have to be a fire sale, but they look at it as a worthwhile risk to stay up, Norwich reinvest it in a long temr approach, Forrest and blowing it now.

Its about the clubs attitude to risk, consistency and sustainability and how much they want to take on.
Just makes what Forest are doing absolutely crazy.
If they get relegated they are in real trouble , massive risk this.

Status
Not open for further replies.