Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the clubs strategy to risk, sustainability and consistency - i think Stoke were the for runners, they showed they could do it with a championship squad and incrementally improve.

I think most clubs hedge their bets, in a way Norwich are better of financially then Forrest after two promotions. Norwich come up first time get the revenue - try and stay up, dont, go back down and then get the parachute payments - they have more money in the championship then everyone else - come up again, year in the PL - go back down more parachute payments - Norwich two promotions are worth 200 mill to them in PL revenue and 160 mill in parachute payments. They take a long term view until they crack it. They dont need to fire sale and will back themselves for promotion. If Forrest go down there will have to be a fire sale, but they look at it as a worthwhile risk to stay up, Norwich reinvest it in a long temr approach, Forrest and blowing it now.

Its about the clubs attitude to risk, consistency and sustainability and how much they want to take on.
I don't THINK that works that way if they get promoted before the payments end, would seem weird to let them double dip. Just a feeling, literally nothing to back it up

I hope not but after last season three games or five games is too many to be going into without a threat, if we are waiting till the end of the season is a fair amount of games and nothing is for certain. Also we need two forwards for me they could have brought someone in after Richy went then it would have been fine to wait for a Broja on loan or whatever at the end of the window (although I'm not convinced he's this sure thing they seem to be assuming he is).

If we play 5-3-3 with 40% possession a game and without Gordon, Broja will be lucky to score 6-7 this season at us.

We actually need a goal soring cm and at least two solid strikers/forwards who know how to score.

If we play 5-3-3 with 40% possession a game and without Gordon, Broja will be lucky to score 6-7 this season at us.

We actually need a goal soring cm and at least two solid strikers/forwards who know how to score.
If we play 5-3-3, then id fully expect us to win and likely then have points deducted. But if noone notices, it will work like a charm.

It depends on the clubs strategy to risk, sustainability and consistency - i think Stoke were the for runners, they showed they could do it with a championship squad and incrementally improve.

I think most clubs hedge their bets, in a way Norwich are better of financially then Forrest after two promotions. Norwich come up first time get the revenue - try and stay up, dont, go back down and then get the parachute payments - they have more money in the championship then everyone else - come up again, year in the PL - go back down more parachute payments - Norwich two promotions are worth 200 mill to them in PL revenue and 160 mill in parachute payments. They take a long term view until they crack it. They dont need to fire sale and will back themselves for promotion. If Forrest go down there will have to be a fire sale, but they look at it as a worthwhile risk to stay up, Norwich reinvest it in a long temr approach, Forrest and blowing it now.

Its about the clubs attitude to risk, consistency and sustainability and how much they want to take on.
Agree with much of this. It would be a very boring football world if every club followed the exact same transfer & football strategy. At the very least I'm interested in how this plays out for Forest, it's a bit more exciting than watching Norwich bounce up & down between the epl and championship each season.

How much have Forrest spent in this window? Talk about all your eggs in one basket! They need to make sure they stay up spending like that off the bat!

Is that not their Championship income though, they made an operating loss of £20 odd million - but that was largely due to Covid and their owner wrote it off.

Essentially Profit and sustainability isnt about what you spend - its about what you lose - so incoming revenue has to match expenditure +35 mill - because their income has jumped hugely they can increase costs a fair bit.

Its like we earn £180 mill a year - if that jumped by 5 times to 900 mill - we would be in the same position as Forrest, their income has essentially jumped by 5 times conservatively.
But the base is incredibly low.

Their wage bill must now be horrendous.
If they go down and we are lucky enough to stay up we may still get MGW on the cheap.

I expect there will be relegation clauses with most of their higher profile signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.