Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a very good manager in Steve Cooper and he will keep them up imo. Last season he took them over when they were propping up the table and got them promoted in the end.

To be honest i havent followed Forest all that much - i dont know why - i watched Brennan Johnson three for times. Seems to be doing a good job alright.

I wouldn't really be a big fan of bringing in loads of signings - even for us i think its destabilising in the main as we have often found, 16 is an awful lot to intergrate and their is bound to be dynamics at play in that dressing room - if he manages that and keeps a spirit he will be doing well mate.

we were in Jamaica last week on holiday and they're 6 hours behind. It was lovely waking up at was 2pm UK time and seeing a good half a days fume online about signings/strikers. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy

…had a few lovely holidays there, including taking the whole crew for my 60th. I like rum.

Surely we’re working hard behind the scenes on bringing a striker in. I’m hoping this is about bringing in the striker(s) we want and negotiations are difficult. Alternatively, perhaps there’s a dependency on outgoings before incomings.

I hope Onana will prove a good signing. I think Tarkowski will be a good signing. I think our other business is either not needed or just poor.

We needed goals and we've failed miserably and are heading down unless we fix it.

Just saying chill and that we'll be fine is pointless. Everyone kept saying it last year and shouting bed wetter while we were in a full blown relegation fight. Our fans need to wake to our position in the game. We are in for another relegation fight and need to get our heads around it as early as possible so we are up for the fight.
There is one area of the team that needs strengthening... the forward line. It isn't even as if we don't have a top class striker.. we do, it's just that he is injured at present.

We certainly need another striker and I feel we need a wide player as well, two if AG is sold.

I feel they will come before the deadline and it looks as if Gueye may be coming after all as well.

When( not if) we do make those signings we will be substantially better and stronger than last season.

The additions of Coady, Tarkowski, Vinage, McNeill and Onana have brought quality and depth to the squad.

There is one area of the team that needs strengthening... the forward line. It isn't even as if we don't have a top class striker.. we do, it's just that he is injured at present.

We certainly need another striker and I feel we need a wide player as well, two if AG is sold.

I feel they will come before the deadline and it looks as if Gueye may be coming after all as well.

When( not if) we do make those signings we will be substantially better and stronger than last season.

The additions of Coady, Tarkowski, Vinage, McNeill and Onana have brought quality and depth to the squad.

It's clearly an "IF" though. Unless you can read the future.

It's 18th August and the season is well underway. No one can say definitively we will be stronger, especially with the possibility of another starter (Gordon) being sold. I'm a bit fed up hearing how we will be better because currently we are much worse, and there is no evidence of anything imminently happening to change that.

We need two strikers and a wide player. And 2 strikers and 2 wide players if we sell AG. How is that a good position to be in on the 18th August?

Forest got absolutely hammered by West Ham mate, they should have conceded a minimum of 4, luckiest result you'll see all season that. Reminded me of Brown shoes Wigan defensively

…I posted similar, two shots off the underside of the bar bouncing the wrong side of the line, defender blocking a shot on the line he had no idea about and a dreadful penalty miss from Rice. I did think Forest carried threat, though.

Its very easy to do coming from the Championship mate.

Its a problem if you go down mind.
It's also a problem if you stay up in the next few seasons mate, you've bloated your squad and maxed out wages, if a kit bust out they'll be left struggling to spend much after this season

…I posted similar, two shots off the underside of the bar bouncing the wrong side of the line, defender blocking a shot on the line he had no idea about and a dreadful penalty miss from Rice. I did think Forest carried threat, though.

We need to get players into their box to test their defence. I watched our first two games and we have no one willing to run into the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.