Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get too carried away in the insanity remember:

1) we have strengthened our defense with two low cost signings and have 2 signings from last winter showing signs of progression
2) We have strengthened our midfield by signing both an experienced player (Gana - I know, not done yet but i am glass half full this second) and a young player with massive potential (Onana) while at the same time a player we all left for dead (Iwobi) appears reborn under Lampard
3) We haven't sold Gordon yet and if we do it appears it will be for an absurd amount
4) We appear to have both a main striker target (Broja) and several alternative and/or depth options (Maupay, Guirassy, Brerton, Adams and the like) but have not made any stupid moves that interfere with the pursuit of the primary target. If the alternatives start coming of the board and we don't act that would be the proper time to be concerned - can't be left without a chair when the music stops
5) We seem to be getting rid of Dele and hopefully a few others as well

On the down side:
1) We sold Richie
2) We signed McNeil (not a terrible thing in and of itself, I'm just not sure what the ultimate plan for him is)
3) We are forfeiting points early due to the lack of a capable striker and may well rue the loss of those points later in the year
4) Our players pick up injuries seemingly by simply going outside

All in all though this can still end well if not very well.

Going to be too late to have a striker ready for Saturday now even if we announced one tomorrow so that makes it 3 games of the new season without one. Really takes some believing after almost being relegated last season. This is what happens when you have a self appraising board.

If we lose tomorrow we’re in trouble gown out next 5 fixtures. It’s genuinely not against the realms of possibility for us to have 0 points after 7 games.

Going to be too late to have a striker ready for Saturday now even if we announced one tomorrow so that makes it 3 games of the new season without one. Really takes some believing after almost being relegated last season. This is what happens when you have a self appraising board.
What we should have done is spend loads of money take the FFP hit points deducted what is it 12 points then have a decent team thereafter, as things stand the 1st 6 games we are going to have possibly 3/6 points max

this is only us as a club it would happen to

let’s do f all and blame the manager

no doubt the board would try

Before we get too carried away in the insanity remember:

1) we have strengthened our defense with two low cost signings and have 2 signings from last winter showing signs of progression
2) We have strengthened our midfield by signing both an experienced player (Gana - I know, not done yet but i am glass half full this second) and a young player with massive potential (Onana) while at the same time a player we all left for dead (Iwobi) appears reborn under Lampard
3) We haven't sold Gordon yet and if we do it appears it will be for an absurd amount
4) We appear to have both a main striker target (Broja) and several alternative and/or depth options (Maupay, Guirassy, Brerton, Adams and the like) but have not made any stupid moves that interfere with the pursuit of the primary target. If the alternatives start coming of the board and we don't act that would be the proper time to be concerned - can't be left without a chair when the music stops
5) We seem to be getting rid of Dele and hopefully a few others as well

On the down side:
1) We sold Richie
2) We signed McNeil (not a terrible thing in and of itself, I'm just not sure what the ultimate plan for him is)
3) We are forfeiting points early due to the lack of a capable striker and may well rue the loss of those points later in the year

All in all though this can still end well if not very well.

In part due to some crappy refereeing decisions against us.

If we lose tomorrow we’re in trouble gown out next 5 fixtures. It’s genuinely not against the realms of possibility for us to have 0 points after 7 games.
If we lose tomorrow we'll just use our newly acquired time folding ability to go back to before we pissed half a billion on klaasen.

This is just hot air at the moment I’m afraid. A meaningless post until there’s something to back it up.
I agree to an extent, but it’s better (less hot air) than saying we are going down and won’t sign a forward I mean, my reality it far more plausible and, makes for a better life until it unfolds

Status
Not open for further replies.