2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Ronaldo doing a lot of tricks, beating people for fun but contributing similar returns to Gordon. We can all agree he improved
I can't believe I need to make a post saying Anthony Gordon isn't Ronaldo but whatever, Ronaldo had 4 goals, 4 assists in his first PL season in which he was younger than Gordan and actually played a lot less too.

I can't believe I need to make a post saying Anthony Gordon isn't Ronaldo but whatever, Ronaldo had 4 goals, 4 assists in his first PL season in which he was younger than Gordan and actually played a lot less too.
They're not saying Gordon is as gifted or is gonna have the same trajectory as Ronaldo. Just that there's somewhat of a stylistic crossover so there's some validity to using him as a comparison. Ronaldo was a talented player with pace and liked to beat his man who's game became immensely more well rounded.

lol are you serious? 'need' to what now?
And in Ronaldo's 2nd season he played more than Gordon and got 5 goals and 4 assists.
The point wasn't Gordon IS Ronaldo, obviously (which I can't believe I have to include in this post), it was in response to someone posting that top players more often than not start off without end product and ( though I can't believe I have to include it in this post) Ronaldo is one of the greatest ever players, and he started off slowly, with limited end product, but with obvious skills and talent.
Has that clarified the obvious for you? Is your 'need' satisfied? Are you able to put your 'need' away now and understand the context of an exchange between two people specific to a certain point made? I hope so, I really do

You can also go back to any player ever who doesn't make the cut. There is no guarantee he will develop and improve his output. A chance, sure, but enough of a chance to turn down 50m this window? When we have arguably the worst attack in the league? Not for me.
Of course there's no guarantee but there's decent evidence that he will. Conte, Tuchel and Guardiola know a player when they see one.

Oh and... We haven't turned down £50m. We turned down £45m which is what a player less talented with a similar profile went for today.

Of course there's no guarantee but there's decent evidence that he will. Conte, Tuchel and Guardiola know a player when they see one.

Oh and... We haven't turned down £50m. We turned down £45m which is what a player less talented with a similar profile went for today.
5m is just not enough of a gap for me to believe we'll get it done at 50m but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.