Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if the plan was to sell Gordon and use the money to buy a quality striker and a quality left winger (say Broja and Terrier), then I guess Januzac as an extra option for the right side kind of works- you don't want to dilute the quality of the two main signings by having to spread the money too thinly. He doesn't raise the level on his own but it's a signing that could serve some purpose.

I mean, if the plan was to sell Gordon and use the money to buy a quality striker and a quality left winger (say Broja and Terrier), then I guess Januzac as an extra option for the right side kind of works- you don't want to dilute the quality of the two main signings by having to spread the money too thinly. He doesn't raise the level on his own but it's a signing that could serve some purpose.
Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, no pace and all left foot. Haven’t we just bought McNeil to take on that role?

Januzaj: A 27 year old, injury prone winger who's never been any kind of threat, and likely isn't physical enough for the EPL? The only way this makes any kind of sense is adding depth for free out of desperation, not as a backup plan for selling your starboy.
Stocking the squad with has beens just blocks the way for young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.