Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Davies. What an easy question to answer.
We want Onana to be getting on the ball and running up the field don't we?

So why would we play him next to Iwobi?

It was never happening.

You can hate on Davies all you want, and maybe fairly so, but he was fine last week and actually plays that '6' role about as well as anyone else we have in the squad (which isn't well, but we don't have that player still, madly). Let's Iwobi focus on attacking more. Have Onana to bring on. If Allan was fully fit I'm sure he'd be starting.

So he’s never going to start then is he unless we bring in a holding midfielder.
No, we'll move Iwobi up field I imagine once we have a holding player in and that's where Onana will probably start more, or we'll be able to change shape to a 433 if we learn to be a bit more resolute in the shape.

But he started 11 league games last season and has just turned 21.

We want Onana to be getting on the ball and running up the field don't we?

So why would we play him next to Iwobi?

It was never happening.

You can hate on Davies all you want, and maybe fairly so, but he was fine last week and actually plays that '6' role about as well as anyone else we have in the squad (which isn't well, but we don't have that player still, madly). Let's Iwobi focus on attacking more. Have Onana to bring on. If Allan was fully fit I'm sure he'd be starting.

Why is Allan still not fully fit? It doesn’t make any sense.

Push Iwobi out wide Gray on the bench and Onana in the middle with Tom. I hope I’m wrong but that team is just inviting pressure and Onana is the one guy who can help drive us forward.
That's what I'd have done if he wasn't going to play McNeil, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.