2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really sure what that does though. They can always hire another manager. They’d be able to spin it that they were the ones that fired him. I would like to think if they were completely sold on Frank we would have a striker in by now. I’m hoping this weekend verified any second guessing that they may have had concerning singing another striker but this club is run so poorly, imo, it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t have any sort of plan to fix the situation.
I fully expect no striker for Brentford. This will go to the last days of the window,

They've taken the piss with Lampard...and he's allowed it.

Fine, but I do think £50m for him is good business. For any club, in any financial position.

This is one of the things that Everton haven't done right, which is selling players who are good, but not that good, for maximum value and investing it wisely into the squad.
He is THAT good though....

he's not

I've defended his performance today in the Gordon thread as I thought it was his best game in a while, but he wasn't great. He's a very inconsistent young player with a lot of potential. A £50m offer would be too good to turn down though, IMO.
Opinions, I suppose.

What did he say?

I can't remember anything that unusual
That the four weeks between selling Richarlison and Dom getting injured were 'invalid' about not signing a striker.

You know my thoughts on that -and I understand what he was possibly trying to say (that we had DCL fit and needed other positions filling too - but it was a daft comment.

That the four weeks between selling Richarlison and Dom getting injured were 'invalid' about not signing a striker.

You know my thoughts on that -and I understand what he was possibly trying to say (that we had DCL fit and needed other positions filling too - but it was a daft comment.
He was trying to play down that we are desperate because the world knows we are desperate. We are desperate but he cant say it.

But the fact that we are desperate is due to huge incompetence in our recruitment. Anyone who understands football knew we needed a forward before we even sold Richarlison!!

Status
Not open for further replies.