2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had 21 league games as manager and lost 12 of them.

Whilst I am all for giving managers time its ultimately a results business.

If he had anything concrete on his CV to hold your faith onto him turning it around then it would be ideal but his CV consists of an FA Cup final defeat to a disjointed Arsenal side and losing the play offs with a decent Derby team.

He must get results its that simple - he's already been given two big jobs in Chelsea and Everton based off his media profile alone whereas the likes of Potterball, Cooper, Moyes etc have had to slug it oot in the lower leagues and overseas for years before getting similiar opportunities - he can't say he's had it rough.
Last season when Steve Bruce was sacked we had amassed 3 points from a possible 27, and we still had all the pundits and fans of other clubs telling us what a great manager he is. A similar story may unfold with Lampard where the fans start voicing their concerns over his ability and all the media pundits will be saying how wrong the fans are and that he needs more time, the same pundits will be loving it when the club is facing relegation because they stuck with the manager.

Last season when Steve Bruce was sacked we had amassed 3 points from a possible 27, and we still had all the pundits and fans of other clubs telling us what a great manager he is. A similar story may unfold with Lampard where the fans start voicing their concerns over his ability and all the media pundits will be saying how wrong the fans are and that he needs more time, the same pundits will be loving it when the club is facing relegation because they stuck with the manager.
No it's the opposite they all want him to fail and to be sacked as do most fans of other team's because he was such a successful player with a unlikable club. He has naiveties tactically and subs wise as a young manager in his what fourth season will, but he has lost his two front line attackers a very harsh judge wouldn't look at the board for not bringing any goal scorer in first. We would have more than a point with a goal scorer. I see signs of improvement in the team structure but without a striker we won't win games. That's largely on the board/DOF.

He's had 21 league games as manager and lost 12 of them.

Whilst I am all for giving managers time its ultimately a results business.

If he had anything concrete on his CV to hold your faith onto him turning it around then it would be ideal but his CV consists of an FA Cup final defeat to a disjointed Arsenal side and losing the play offs with a decent Derby team.

He must get results its that simple - he's already been given two big jobs in Chelsea and Everton based off his media profile alone whereas the likes of Potterball, Cooper, Moyes etc have had to slug it oot in the lower leagues and overseas for years before getting similiar opportunities - he can't say he's had it rough.
Of course, it is a results business and of course as a coach Lampard has naiveities he's in his fourth or fifth season and yes he has been given opportunities partly on his name. Although getting Chrlsea in the Champions league with a transfer ban wasn't nothing. But you are missing two crucial factors when he was appointed we were in freefall we had won one game in fourteen that's hard to turn around whoever you are. Second we currently have no goal scorer?!!! Can you honestly say we don't sit with more than one point if we have a striker? Judge him when we have the squad finished, I blame the board more than him currently. They sold the man who kept us up and haven't replaced its insanity.

No it's the opposite they all want him to fail and to be sacked as do most fans of other team's because he was such a successful player with a unlikable club. He has naiveties tactically and subs wise as a young manager in his what fourth season will, but he has lost his two front line attackers a very harsh judge wouldn't look at the board for not bringing any goal scorer in first. We would have more than a point with a goal scorer. I see signs of improvement in the team structure but without a striker we won't win games. That's largely on the board/DOF.
The Sky Sports pundits are his former England teammates and his cousin. He was a MOtD pundit with Gary Lineker, Rio Ferdinand, Alan Shearer.

The Sky Sports pundits are his former England teammates and his cousin.
Well maybe they will back him but much of the media and social stuff I see wants him to fail. I think he is in a difficult position our financials and the dysfunction at the top make the Everton job very tough right now. Even Carlo had problems. Ultimately it is a results game yes and I question some of his tactics and subs but I also think the squad we have now isn't good enough so blaming solely the manager misses the bigger picture. I think we need a coach to build something over a few seasons, hiring and firing isn't getting us anywhere of course within that he needs a base line of results but again it helps if you have someone to score goals! I will keep saying it we had Dom and Richy last season and before that, we had James and Sig, Digne all those goals and creativity gone it takes time and investment to rebuild a team. So far they haven't invested anything in attacking areas beyond Mcneil who isn't a goal scorer.

On Lampard, the goal yesterday proved we have a route to score, it's not pretty, it's not the football he wants to play but it's effective and more importantly, it gets results, we have some pace let's use that effectively. As to your point on time, well we can't bring in another manager, we have to give him the time as Arsenal did with Arteta. the problems at Everton are not going to be solved overnight, yes the board should go, ideally, we should get a new owner, but if or until that happens we have to work with what we have got.
To me that goal is indicative of a lack of repetition in goalscoring opportunities then a catalyst to see that the manager is tactically aware in regards to his resources. Pickford picked out a brilliant pass that isn't going to happen each week. The peppering of goal attempts at were generally poor removed of the first 20 minutes are more indicative of our week to week showings.

I see the benefits of not having constant turnover of managers. And I am not calling for Frank to be fired despite deep concerns. I agree Arsenal are case and point a good model. But I think Arteta has struggled often from upholding longterm tactical ideas oppose to adapting from them. He believed the right recruitment over three or four windows and instilling the right habits removed of results would eventually win out. And consistently stated the football philosophy he was attempting openly as paramount. Its starting now to bare fruit.

I don't know what school Lampard is from in terms of instilling a philosophy. Based on his pressers he seems more a mentality coach over one who stresses tactics. A lack of prerequisites or close association to a given style like Arteta prior makes it a bit of a void in terms of what he's trying to get across. All that personally makes taking the lumps a bit harder, as I have doubts of what it will look like when he actually has all the things he wants. To me there are questions if he is the one that deserves the patience likely needed for a manager to rectify the mistakes.

It’s not the time to turn on Lampard. he needs time if he doesn’t get it we end up in this never ending circle we seem to have found our selfs in of sacking manager after manager and never getting anywhere. we need stability and a chance to progress. I don’t think the club have properly backed him again.

We have been left light in attack and we are 3 games in to the season. The club didn’t back Benitez either or Carlo he had us chasing Europe needed something in January they gave him josh king.

I don’t think we will ever properly progress until the stadium is built and we find a new owner one that won’t hesitate to get rid of bill and his cronies. change up the shocking board we have with competent professionals.

The signs are that our fans will turn on a manager quickly, rather than point the finger at the board. There are still lots and lots of happy clappers.

As I’ve said many times. Fans just want a silver bullet, change the formation, change the manager, play x instead of y.

These things won’t work at Everton. There’s so many deep rooted problems that someone has to stay in post long enough to tackle them but at the moment they can’t.

Moshiri is right, three bad results and Everton fans want the manager out.

I’m a big fan of FL and want him to have time.

BUT.. not just based on todays game, Leeds have started the season with a clear style, clear formation, lots of aggression. No superstars at all in that team. They will lose plenty of games, but not afraid of trying to bully their way to wins. Similar to how Brentford blew United off the park from the first whistle with a clear plan and executed perfectly.

Leeds are missing their best striker again, and have sold probably their 2 best players. Brought a few low key signings in early and got them integrated. Their manager is a quite annoying tit that’s had far to much Red Bull.

We are without our star striker, sold Richy, brought in a few seemingly ok deals. Pretty similar to Leeds. But we have started the season just trying to play like we did last year but a bit better, work a bit harder pass a bit more forwards. If poss, but don’t worry if not. Ignoring recruitment and square pegs in round holes, it looks like we are just waiting for it to get better again, just like Rafael kept saying after every defeat. It will be ok when X, Y, Z.

Plenty things Frank can’t be blamed for, but there a few squads no better than ours, that have come out of traps playing like they are already desperate for every point, every challenge. We have just improved a bit defending corners and proved Iwobi’s form was no fluke.

Bit bored of seeing bland squads playing their 3rd match like it’s an FA cup final, and usually getting what they deserve from games. Stop waiting for someone to drop a solution into the squad whilst practicing endless rondos and get them fighting now Frank ffs.

It’s not the time to turn on Lampard. he needs time if he doesn’t get it we end up in this never ending circle we seem to have found our selfs in of sacking manager after manager and never getting anywhere. we need stability and a chance to progress. I don’t think the club have properly backed him again.

We have been left light in attack and we are 3 games in to the season. The club didn’t back Benitez either or Carlo he had us chasing Europe needed something in January they gave him josh king.

I don’t think we will ever properly progress until the stadium is built and we find a new owner one that won’t hesitate to get rid of bill and his cronies. change up the shocking board we have with competent professionals.

I'm close to being convinced that half the people on here don't even watch us. When I started following 30 years ago, Blues knew their shiz; now it's all regurgitated media crap...circle of ?.

If he's going to persist with the back 5 needs to opt for vinagre over mykolenko insert an actual wingback
Agree he should try that especially with a lump like Rondon up front may as well try that in the league cup.
As I’ve said many times. Fans just want a silver bullet, change the formation, change the manager, play x instead of y.

These things won’t work at Everton. There’s so many deep rooted problems that someone has to stay in post long enough to tackle them but at the moment they can’t.

Moshiri is right, three bad results and Everton fans want the manager out.
Agree 100%, we need a manager in post for two or three seasons its a shame Carlo didn't stick around but then he probably witnessed the financials /board room chaos and thought why bother why not enjoy himself at Real...

Correct, both sold for, what were the, large sums of money, neither of them reached their potential and both of them, having come through the academy, were very good business for Everton.
Crossed wires here but I was talking specifically about what people have said they want us to be doing over the last few years, in the Moshiri era

Status
Not open for further replies.