2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank seems well liked by the squad, it makes me nervous if something does happen to Frank how the squad responds. I guess if it comes to that, we will already be at rock bottom.

The first 3 matches haven’t gone the way we wanted but I do think fans are overreacting a bit. In each of those 3 matches we had our fair share of chances to win the games and even the goals we conceded were due to our own mistakes that were while crucial can still be fixed as the season goes on. It’s still early. Let’s back Frank and the squad and pray we get a striker.

With the play so far and the results to boot.

Looking at Brentford and Leeds away, then into Arsenal and Liverpool.

I really don’t see how we get more than two points based on current form. Any additions we make will be cast offs from other squads, at this point in the window - so I can’t see them setting the world alight.

I think Frank goes by the start of November. I really don’t want him to - and the transfer business to date isn’t entirely his fault. But I think his position will become untenable once we’re 6 games in with 1-2 points gained.
I'm not sure where you get that they'll be cast-offs from?

If we sell Gordon, and go get Terrier, will you say it's a cast-off?

He plays 343/523 because any time he tries to play 433 we get absolutely walked through

the issue is the quality of the players, not the system.

If we played 433, we'd still have the same crap forwards up front.
Is that right???

Playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 last season we won 13 points keeping 3 clean sheets (Man Utd h, Newcastle (h), Leeds (h). Whilst also drawing with Leicester and being unlucky with ref decisions or mistakes v Man City, Liverpool and West Ham.

Playing 5-2-3 we won 7 points and 2 clean sheets (Chelsea (h) & Watford (a)). The 5-2-3 was the most used with the least points return, exactly what is happening now, last season all over again.

Frank seems well liked by the squad, it makes me nervous if something does happen to Frank how the squad responds. I guess if it comes to that, we will already be at rock bottom.

The first 3 matches haven’t gone the way we wanted but I do think fans are overreacting a bit. In each of those 3 matches we had our fair share of chances to win the games and even the goals we conceded were due to our own mistakes that were while crucial can still be fixed as the season goes on. It’s still early. Let’s back Frank and the squad and pray we get a striker.
Hopefully a striker is the missing link, I doubt it but we got to hope because if not we are in very very deep trouble and we`ve actually made this squad worse.

Is that right???

Playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 last season we won 13 points keeping 3 clean sheets (Man Utd h, Newcastle (h), Leeds (h). Whilst also drawing with Leicester and being unlucky with ref decisions or mistakes v Man City, Liverpool and West Ham.

Playing 5-2-3 we won 7 points and 2 clean sheets (Chelsea (h) & Watford (a)). The 5-2-3 was the most used with the least points return, exactly what is happening now, last season all over again.
We got beat 4-0 by Minnesota 4 weeks ago playing 433. Villa carved us open about 5 times on the break, scoring from one, when we played 433 the other day against them in the last 20 mins.

We currently have Iwobi, Davies and Onana as fit midfield options. We have a right-back who isn't great defensively and 2 of our 3 CBs have no pace to play a high line.

If/when we get other players in, we will be able to play 433 more easily.

Is that right???

Correct mate.

We got beat 4-0 by Minnesota 4 weeks ago playing 433. Villa carved us open about 5 times on the break, scoring from one, when we played 433 the other day against them in the last 20 mins.

We currently have Iwobi, Davies and Onana as fit midfield options. We have a right-back who isn't great defensively and 2 of our 3 CBs have no pace to play a high line.

If/when we get other players in, we will be able to play 433 more easily.
I hate this 5-2-3 but we bought Coady in with his 3 CB experience (FYI I don`t accept he cant play in a back 4) and Vinagre who played LWB at Wolves and Sporting.

Mykolenko is a superb LB but looks a bit lost at LWB.

On Saturday we had Allan, Gbamin, Alli and Onana on the bench, I`m sure 1 of them with what we did have would have worked.

Looks like we are going forward with this 5-2-3, there isn`t room for an attacking mid unless you sacrifice one of the front players.
If we have two wing backs playing that's exactly what I would do, two up top with an attacking mid behind that can drop back out of possession to get numbers in the middle of the park

I hate this 5-2-3 but we bought Coady in with his 3 CB experience (FYI I don`t accept he cant play in a back 4) and Vinagre who played LWB at Wolves and Sporting.

Mykolenko is a superb LB but looks a bit lost at LWB.

On Saturday we had Allan, Gbamin, Alli and Onana on the bench, I`m sure 1 of them with what we did have would have worked.
I think Coady and Tarkowski would be a disaster in a back four unless we play them very deep, which means the defensive line has to be deep, which means the FBs have to stay back so 433 becomes problematic as it relies heavily on the wingers.

Allan has had about 20 minutes of pre-season and I think they're looking to move him on. Onana came on and stank the gaff out but it's to be expected. Gbamin isn't going to get a look in. I also believe the coaches don't think Patterson is yet up to a back four in the PL but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.