2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way will lampard walk. Absolutely zero chance especially with the pay offs involved. The club's inability to back him if he got sacked would protect him from the usual criticisms and he imho would still walk into another job, because I think most other teams can see exactly how much of a basket case our club has become.

Can't see him stepping aside at all, dont think he would walk from the job which will be his biggest test and club he would get for a long while.

I do worry for Frank though I have to say, he is being badly let down by the club and their inability to do any type of dealing - but bigger managers have been cut for less, he needs to work through some of this mess (some of it he has created) and start getting more of a tune.

His subs need massively improving in time and sheer planning.

The clubs apparent stance on waiting until the very last minute for Broja if everything is to be believed is going to completely unravel our season.
I think he needs to start pushing them then. No more being nice in press conferences. He has the fans on his side when it comes to the board.

I think he needs to start pushing them then. No more being nice in press conferences. He has the fans on his side when it comes to the board.

Yeah its going to be an interesting 10 days.

Think he has to start putting pressure on now, he has the majority of the fans on side and if we aren't making moves to get a striker in, its near on negligent.

Should have done it 3 or 4 weeks ago. He's going to learn the hard way that you need to put public pressure on this board and that you should not have faith in them to deliver what they promise.

They should have been forced out by protests at the end of the season. The fact they are all still here is a total slap in the face to the supporters.

8 now I think.

Even better ?

Dont hold much hope about the club doing anything good of note.

Likely scenario would be, sell Gordon for £40m - Bat Man on loan as part of it and that will be the lot, probably a goalie on loan and some mental player coming in.

not holding much hope.

These same fans really don’t like to hear this. They’re the Trump Republicans of the Everton fanbase, they want to be left alone in their own little hypocritical ego bubble.

Give Frank the season.
I think you're sincere here. Not seasoned enough in GoT to truly tell, but we can't turn on the manager at every turn. At least he has a semblance of a plan, which might not work initially but its way superior to the manager we had this time last year. FL couldn't forsee DCL injury. Massive blow. He's made noises now about a striker, if the board don't back him, the fanbase absolutely has to, more so than last season.

These same fans really don’t like to hear this. They’re the Trump Republicans of the Everton fanbase, they want to be left alone in their own little hypocritical ego bubble.

Give Frank the season.
They occupy a space where the team is simultaneously 'the worst Everton team I can remember' and also expect the team to be 'performing better than this'.

Frank is not only dealing with the opposition, he's dealing with fan delusion as well.

I think you're sincere here. Not seasoned enough in GoT to truly tell, but we can't turn on the manager at every turn. At least he has a semblance of a plan, which might not work initially but its way superior to the manager we had this time last year. FL couldn't forsee DCL injury. Massive blow. He's made noises now about a striker, if the board don't back him, the fanbase absolutely has to, more so than last season.
I’m known for both my sincerity and amicability, some have even called me Mr Happy before mate, but obvs now you’re here that title is yours and yours only.

Adhering to the on topic rule yes I agree with your points on Lampard sir. He’s got as much to prove as Everton, let them try work out that particular relationship.

Give Frank the season.
We all get caught up in the bullshit to be fair. One thing I will say though. We shouldn’t have loaned Simms or Dobbin in retrospect until we bought a striker. Rondon held the ball up ok on Saturday but we need more speed and mobility at the Top end. We would have been better served throwing Simms in the deep end for a few games and see how he fairs, whilst looking for a more established CF. If he struggles the same people on here will moan but the club have shot themselves in the foot removing 2 young strikers with only one recognised fit CF in the squad currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.