Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this though and we still have to take the money for a Gordon. For starters, his head has turned and he’ll have agreed a massive contract. We can’t really offer him this money so he’ll be an unhappy player or one we are paying far too much.

But the thing is, maybe without selling Gordon we could use what we have and savings on departing players to sign Diaz, sort Gana, and bring in one domestic loan and ideally Kudus on loan, and be in much better shape.

But that still doesn’t make the case for keeping Gordon because even if we can significantly boost the squad without selling we could still do much better with the 50m. We could do all of the above and just buy one really good 50m player rather than spread it about on a couple of decent 25m players.
We should not sell this close to the window as we will end being fleeced for second rate players.

Hold him, let Frank develop him as he wants to. It doesn't matter what the FIFA massive think, the serious heads in football can all see what Gordon has in his locker. He will 100% be even better this season so next season I'd expect a value nearer or above Grealishs.

I kind like being linked with exclusively underwhelming players no one really wants, makes not giving a toss about transfer windows a lot easier.

Please don't pay 25 million for Adams Everton. He is simply not worth that value. The last time he scored double figures was 4 years ago and he has never been above 9 in the PL.

No chance we pay £25m for him.

I think we’re seeing smokescreens here while deals get done behind the scenes. Look at Onana - virtually nothing was mentioned and then bam the deal was done. And Guirassy. If we wanted him we would’ve signed him by now.

I think for once Everton are playing things close to the vest with a certain amount of gamesmanship i.e. lining up targets before a deal for Gordon is announced. I know I’m giving the club a lot of credit here, but this window just feels different

They've started getting youtubers and influencers to give their "expert" opinions on all things football now.

Fair play to them making a living, but I respect hearing from people who have experience playing at the highest level and can back up knowing the in's and outs.
Every time I tune in there’s somebody (usually a woman) I’ve never seen or heard of giving their ‘expert’ views on the transfer window.

Every time I tune in there’s somebody (usually a woman) I’ve never seen or heard of giving their ‘expert’ views on the transfer window.

When the level they've played, and financials/contracts involves, are on a completely different scale to what the mens game is.

James Rodriguez and Sigurdsson. Half the fans hated them both.
Totally. It’s not like they were perfect players, obvious flaws. Lack of pace for one and made worse by a slow immobile midfield. What they did have though, is quality in the final third, good delivery.

People celebrated getting rid of them at the time and tried to rationalise replacing them with Gray and Townsend. Same has happened with Richie, Digne etc. We’ve systematically stripped quality in the final third out of the team. Instead of replacing them with similar quality but without the flaws, like lack of pace, we’ve massively downgraded on quality.

We now don’t have any reliable match winners, difference makers. It’s been happening right under our noses last few years and if you called it out you’re a bed wetter. This has been the clear trajectory but some refuse(d) to see it. Reap what we’ve sown.

I think we’re seeing smokescreens here while deals get done behind the scenes. Look at Onana - virtually nothing was mentioned and then bam the deal was done. And Guirassy. If we wanted him we would’ve signed him by now.

I think for once Everton are playing things close to the vest with a certain amount of gamesmanship i.e. lining up targets before a deal for Gordon is announced. I know I’m giving the club a lot of credit here, but this window just feels different
Don’t matter Southampton have Come out and said he’s not for sale and that was the manger saying he’s 100% not leaving this summer

Reactions: Lob

Literally nobody knew about McNeil until some random lad on Twitter announced he was signing today and then he did.

I feel sorry for frank how the fook is he ment to do anything with the 0 forwards we have sorry but Kev has dropped him well in the shitt

I agree mate he isn't and I wasn't saying he was. But imo it's a good start and i would prefer him over Diaz personally.

I think essentially we're looking to fill the role Tosun - was supposed to do mate, that squad spot - its a hard thing to do in the PL to get a good second striker - id be very concerned at investing £25 mill in it, especially when we could do with a couple of inside /wide forwards, a creative midfielder and a playmaker as well. Che Adams tells me we are well down our list of targets and the market is limited.

We massivly missed GS last season, not a chance we finish anywhere near relegation with him in the team.
We missed the creativity and goals from both. I know James was injured a lot but when he was GS stepped in. In the 4 seasons he played for us he scored 29 goals and had 27 assists. If Walcott converted even half of the one on ones he set up he would have had 10 more assists. We didn't have a player like that in the squad last season and we would not have been in trouble if we had. Not saying we would have been competing for Europe or anything but we wouldn't have been in a relegation fight. Most people on here can't see past their hate for both players, one because of his injuries and perceived lack of effort, and the other because it's fashionable to hate certain players. Osman was the same. Another player who's goal and assist contribution was undervalued by most on here.

We need a striker desperately to cover for and also to play alongside Dom. But we also need more creativity in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.