Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern with him mate is his speed of thought and the time he takes to pick a pass, he tends to take that little while longer, to make his mind up then the real deal PL deep-lyres, it may come and he may adjust fine, but the time he got in the Championship he might not get in the PL, he also has a habit of just undercutting the power of his passes.
If he is that good, Nott Forest would have signed him already. They sign like 18th players.

He’s a young player who was the lynchpin of a side that came up last year.

I’d rather we built a team for the next 3-5 years than the next 6 months.
I don’t understand why we can assume these young players are up to the standard. We have to stay up.

Dunno what people are panicking about because it's obvious that Calvert Lewin is going to score two goals per game for 32 games once he's back.

We're all about away draws and home wins mate, thats our job of work this season. I look at yesterday as a point gained on last season, when we were beaten 1-0 at their place. I know it wont be linear like that.

I remember looking at the end of last of year, we were close or had won as many games as the likes of Southampton and Palace, it was loosing to many games - especially away that really made it difficult for us, if we can turn those into draws we will hopefully be comfortable enough - 20 points be Xmas as a minimum - is a must - 18 to go.

Last edited:

If he is that good, Nott Forest would have signed him already. They sign like 18th players.

I think that is a fair question mate, they may still, we dont know who is interested in the lid and Forest are on drunk shore leave.

We do need that type of player though someone who can stand on the ball and dictate play, we have to many midfielders with energy, running game and presence we definitely need a play maker to my mind, we are playing games by the seat of our pants and not really in control of any game - yesterday we needed someone in the middle to get on the ball, hold procession, keep it ticking, slow the tempo and take the sting of Brentford. You could say the same of our other games.

Id go Billy Gilmour myself., but if the manager wants Garner im open minded, though id critique him as a above.

He's been playing central midfield. How is that out of position
It’s more that he’s being asked to be disciplined and he’s coming up short. Mount is the player who will always get a free role because of his brains, exceptional movement and pressing (half the reason why Tuchel wants Gordon, imagine the pair of them pressing from the front!j.
Gallagher was let loose last season with Palace and he thrived for most of it, have a look at his cameo against us at the end of the season and he’s positionally all over the shop as if he’s been asked to just win the ball back wherever he is and has played with very little discipline. Onana looks to have a far higher ceiling than Conor to me

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.