Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

….not for me, not now. You have to think where a player will fit into a system.

i think the need is for proper goal threat from wide position. With Gordon staying, that likely means a left footer who plays right side or a conventional right sided player.

Pace, power and quality on both flanks. So important in improving our chances.

We desperately need to be more potent in the top third.
Fair enough. Does Chukwueze meet that description? And if so, is his output to date anything close to justifying a £38m+ fee?

I'm just not seeing value for money in that player at that price.

Is there ANY chance, Blue Bill could figure out a deal for this Haaland kid at Citeh, sure we could prise this beast of a player away with a well structured 300 year buy now pay later ala "Radio Rentals or Rumbelows", some of you will get this!

In all seriousness, he looks a proper proper player.

What a mystery that we "turned him away" years ago.

Anyway, as we were!

UTFT

Imagine being able to buy, in cash, a really nice four-bedroom house with your post-tax salary each month, and all you need to do to earn the money is play some light football for about three hours a day for five days a week, plus watch your team's games from the dugout if you're chosen as a substitute, or get the day completely off to do as you please if you're not in the squad. What a kin life. I'd have penthouses all over the world. I just absolutely resent him for having no ambition to continue to pursue the football-playing career he seemingly grew up pining for. Koff André.
Winston Bogarde says hi.

Think we'll turn from a loan to a buy on Kudus mate or increase the offer etc.

….I’d actually prefer him. I know he’s had an ACL but so did Maupay as a kid. I’m more concerned with lengthy hamstring injuries.

Kudus has that mentality I like, the video of his recovery from injury is a good insight into his character (he said he’s “from the slums” and it’s clear how his homeland and football matters to him).

Pfft. Not much professional pride. His agent should be touting him across the globe
Like giving up your pension prior to retirement. Doubt he's got much confidence in his own ability to go on from here. Another expensive flop we will end up giving away.

Look at his stats in the prem. He is proven. There were links to several prem teams in the summer he left WBA.

He was brutally honest at the time, and was quoted as saying the Saudi offer was so huge it would set his family up for life.

Get him on a loan with an option for around £15m. Let him demonstrate he wants the move.
I question any player who goes to there at that age. Just by being a premier league footballer he’d be set up for life. Not saying he would be a bad signing but seriously would question motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.