2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is up to him to keep it up we have alot of players going for the 3 cm roles, was happy with the job he did today. Hope he keeps it up
I think there will be plenty of game time for all of them with 5 subs allowed. He will want to keep fresh legs in that midfield.

There can't be many teams with better depth in that area. Last year we struggled if both Allan and Doucoure where not both fit. We often struggled when they were ffs. Now our first choice of Gana, Onana and Iwobi looks truly exciting. Back up of Garner Doucoure and a fit again Davies is better than the best we had available last season. And I haven't mentioned Allan who was arguably first name on the midfield team sheet last season.

Yes I do think there is still time for him and he is worth keeping hold of but soon as he starts making mistakes fans will be right on his back he really needs to be pushing on now can’t keep hold of him forever because he’s on low wages or come through the academy he needs to start showing his worth and as you say so far this season he’s doing it.
The boo boys who have an agenda will be on his back if he makes mistakes but most blues I expect will encourage him to express himself on the pitch. It's really up to him to push forward but been very good this season and all credit to the young man.

The boo boys who have an agenda will be on his back if he makes mistakes but most blues I expect will encourage him to express himself on the pitch. It's really up to him to push forward but been very good this season and all credit to the young man.
If he was very good then I would have expect him by now to have contributed to goals and assists...so far nothing

If he keeps it up and plays like this every game/sub appearance then he’s worth his weight in gold because 1) if others don’t meet and exceed that standard he will take their place 2) he’s less likely to want to leave (coz he’s a blue) being on the bench more often than not and 3) he’s not on mega wages. (Also Gana is not a long term solution)

I actually think TD is a victim of having so many managers in quick succession at such a young age.

Saying that his mobility for me isn’t great. If he can learn to read the game better it becomes less important that he’s pretty slow. That will come in experience though.

I think he’s a good squad option to have. You can tell he’s a proper good lad. Viva la Tom Davies!

Wow what a player. They'll probably offer him a contract extension now. He's one of the luckiest people on Merseyside is Tom. Should have been binned off years ago. His standard is so low now that when he has an average to decent game, lids on here start going miles over the top about how he's such a vital asset to keep hold of. He's poo, and players like him are ten a penny, just like McNeil and, to a lesser extent, Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.