2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we got a refresher that its not enough to play well in the derby. Liverpool are hard to overcome but when you do it up next is the officials. Just can't win.

I'm not overly arsed about that in fairness, we were let off the hook massively when Pickford took van Dijk out the other year and Mane's absolute shocker of an offside decision.

I'm not overly arsed about that in fairness, we were let off the hook massively when Pickford took van Dijk out the other year and Mane's absolute shocker of an offside decision.

But look at all the times we were on the end of shockers, Hutchinson goal being ruled out, lescott being dragged back by carragher, Gerrard dive what got Hibbert sent off, the flying kick on neville.

Van Dijk did a very poor challenge on Saturday as well and avoided a red. Draw wasn't an unfair result for either side, but we could have nicked it with a little bit of luck, although so could they.

Van Dijk did a very poor challenge on Saturday as well and avoided a red. Draw wasn't an unfair result for either side, but we could have nicked it with a little bit of luck, although so could they.
No surprise he didn’t see red. But it was a cracking game. We went toe to toe and was great to see. Just need to keep these performances up. Arsenal away for me is our biggest test yet. They have away tie in Europe on Thursday so need to get at them from the off.

No surprise he didn’t see red. But it was a cracking game. We went toe to toe and was great to see. Just need to keep these performances up. Arsenal away for me is our biggest test yet. They have away tie in Europe on Thursday so need to get at them from the off.

We need to be very pragmatic at Arsenal. Sit deep and try and exploit their really high line. They were playing offside almost on half way at times yesterday.

We could easily lose because they are a good side, but it's not a total write off either.

We need to be very pragmatic at Arsenal. Sit deep and try and exploit their really high line. They were playing offside almost on half way at times yesterday.

We could easily lose because they are a good side, but it's not a total write off either.
Yeah for me, I said before the derby just want to be competitive and give teams a game. Every game this season we have done that. If we had striker in those games we definitely would have more points. Yes we could lose by a few goals, as we will probably will at times this season. But keep the performance levels the same and we have a chance.

Not sure people realise how bad some of them were.

Coleman Keane Kenny were three quarters of the worst back 4 in the PL.

As soon as Doucoure got injured last season we had no pace in midfield whatsoever

Thankfully Lampard has phased out most of these clowns. Just need to get Davies Keane and Coleman out the squad now so there’s no chance of them getting on the pitch.

Still think some players moving to the background more, Davies, Keane, Coleman etc can still play important roles of the next couple of seasons.
Keane will go when the next CB comes in, Coleman should continue to spirit the pitch, and Davies is just an enigma to this team.
Agree Doucoure can bring legs when needed, he may be a great tactical card to play at times, even when all fit .
Whereas Gomes should just be given a reprieve to go. Things have definitely moves on too.

And we got a refresher that its not enough to play well in the derby. Liverpool are hard to overcome but when you do it up next is the officials. Just can't win.
when they know they can beat Liverpool and the bias, they'll know they've become a team, that's what its going to have to take. its bent

I CBA going through the last couple hundred pages, just one thing about Frank that needs to change. He REALLY needs to start making changes. The players aren't going to do 90minutes every single match without picking up some injuries. I get it, our depth is pretty poor. But Onana really should have come off for Allan with that challenge, especially when he went down again. If he can get Tom Davies to a poor PL level midfielder, he can get others on the pitch as well.

Feel like I can't even figure out what point I'm trying to make here, apologies if it just sounds like ramblings of a madman.

I CBA going through the last couple hundred pages, just one thing about Frank that needs to change. He REALLY needs to start making changes. The players aren't going to do 90minutes every single match without picking up some injuries. I get it, our depth is pretty poor. But Onana really should have come off for Allan with that challenge, especially when he went down again. If he can get Tom Davies to a poor PL level midfielder, he can get others on the pitch as well.

Feel like I can't even figure out what point I'm trying to make here, apologies if it just sounds like ramblings of a madman.

I weirdly didn't mind that. Think it's one of those bad tackles he needed to take on the chin and finish the game off. (unless actually injured of course)

Still think some players moving to the background more, Davies, Keane, Coleman etc can still play important roles of the next couple of seasons.
Keane will go when the next CB comes in, Coleman should continue to spirit the pitch, and Davies is just an enigma to this team.
Agree Doucoure can bring legs when needed, he may be a great tactical card to play at times, even when all fit .
Whereas Gomes should just be given a reprieve to go. Things have definitely moves on too.

I want them out the squad completely. I want no trace of that culture left here, no stink of their utter lethargy. They’ve blighted season after season with their sloppiness, the way they just fold as soon as anything goes against them, their lack of pace or technique, their complete indifference to utter humiliations.

Lampard is building a new culture here based on players taking responsibility, leadership, pace power and technique, and players who want to be here and believe they can win.

I’ve got no time for these same old clowns to undermine it with their constant stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.