Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could protect the brand AND go ahead with fixtures. That option for silence of an anthem hands them that choice.

WHY didn't they take it?
They couldn't. Imagine the negative press from the RS game or one of the other Northern clubs etc if there is an issue at the minutes silence?

I don't agree with it by the way and think they are taking the easy way out but that will be why they have took this course of action.

London would be pretty hectic policing wise too. (If only we had more police eh?)

They couldn't. Imagine the negative press from the RS game or one of the other Northern clubs etc if there is an issue at the minutes silence?

I don't agree with it by the way and think they are taking the easy way out but that will be why they have took this course of action.

London would be pretty hectic policing wise too. (If only we had more police eh?)
Its not like Football has an image to protect.

Everybody knows what football fans are.

just do a minute applause for her living so long (though if i had everything i ever needed provided instantly i'd hope to make to 100 at least).

Yeah but a game of football happens every week. This is a rare moment in history that people will remember for a lifetime. Quite a difference.
With all due respect, everyone dies! So this is not a rare phenomenon, but yes, a minute's silence, etc. is in order. But kings and queens are not the glue of a society. Long since they have fought at the forefront, and sacrificed themselves for the people. The glue in society is the everyday things, such as e.g. kicking a ball, watching football with others, etc.

But yes, it is historic, and it will go down in the history books. However, the flood in Pakistan and a number of other climate-related things, the war in Ukraine, and the economic recession are also historical phenomena, some would say far more significant, but we do not cancel life to sit down to mourn for 10 days.

The Queen has probably lived a very good life, and is probably among the top 1 percent in world history. She has also exceeded the average lifespan - by a good margin. All this because she has been lucky with her genes, and born into the right family. She has done nothing to qualify for this life, or achieve it through competition. But my condolences and I hope you get through these difficult times. Meanwhile, children die every five seconds in the world, and approximately 80 million are fleeing war and persecution, ++ ++ but of course this is a unique historical phenomenon.

'While the nation is in mourning'

Are there seriously people at home crying and unable to function right now? Really?

I have seen tweets on Twitter where people are saying they feel “exactly the same right now as I did when my mum and dad died”.

Seriously.

And loads of repies from people saying “I felt exactly the same”.

That is the levels of bonkersness about to be unleashed.

Thank goodness I am off down t’ Algarve in a couple of days.

Well out of this hysteria.

7 billion people in this world and I guarantee you that apart from a few thousand of them no one gives a flying one.
I guarantee 7 billion people mostly don't care about anything including COVID, WW3 or death.

prove me wrong - you're barred from using media in any form because it's controlled by the ruling elites, anyone you know and ergo cannot use unverified anecdotal evidence... but I want evidence. You also can;t use government stats because ruling elites.

I'll give you a week to disprove me (you can't, which is the point of this ridiculous comparable to the comment you've made)

just do a minute applause for her living so long (though if i had everything i ever needed provided instantly i'd hope to make to 100 at least).
Oh they wont allow that.

This is THE QUEEN we are talking about. A person much more special then these mere sporting personalities or regular plebs that we have a minutes applause for.

We must be seen to be mourning properly. Can't these football fans mourn any harder please? Traitors.

The bigger picture is, there are millions of people at work now, who were looking forward to a weekend of football after a hard week at work, working to pay Utility companies and Petra dollar firms.

Now, instead of having fun they are going to sit in the house in their boxers drinking neat vodka throwing darts at pictures of The Queen.

Thats the bigger picture.
Perhaps then that is their failing, plenty of spaces to walk to, enjoy fresh air, avoiding energy bills and petrol costs.
More exercise clears and broadens the mind.
Being brainwashed to pay for a sport run by media barons with players paid more than they deserve.
Who are the bigger plebs?

There is no bigger picture for regular people.

People have enough to worry about in their own lives without worrying about the passing of someone they didn't know. A passing condolence should be fine. State mourning is an archaic principle which has never really been an issue here due to the queen living for ages. If people are so inclined to be super mourners then fair play to them, don't put it on everybody else. Grief is, or should be, a very personal thing.
It is the governing bodies that have dictated the cancellations, not a state demanding compulsory mourning. Maybe the sport that really feels embarrassed by it’s wealth, image and the behaviour of some its supporters needs to be over the top at this time..

Status
Not open for further replies.