Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good showing from the back up keeper; A back four who don't void their bowels each time the ball comes into the box; Tarkowski looking a clone of Jags with a bit of nark added to spice things up; Iwobi looking like he has borrowed Pienaars engine and heart; Onana taking knocks and just running them off; Gana being, well, Gana; Grey jinking and twisting; Maupay being a pain in the 4rse and scoring a rather tasty goal.

all in all a good day, let down only by a poor performance from Anthony and a mind numbingly dull first half. I would say we are 100% improved in all the most critical weaknesses we displayed last season. Once we get Dom back in the team, I feel Maupay will make tones of space for him and the goals will follow. Quite positive that we will have a relatively stress free season, spiced up by a few juicy signings in January, things are looking so much better now :)

Iwobi is just a class above, his vision and work rate are great, he has very quick feet and seems to lift the players around him with his enthuasm. Thought Gray had his best game for a while and I really like Maupay, he is an angry little man, I like that. Brilliant finish as well by the way for all those saying he doesn't score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.