Homepage Article 7 Points After Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get 40 points fairly comfortably, just to finish top half you need well over 50. I'd be very happy with that figure, would mean a solid season with no concerns. Then push on towards the 60 mark next year hopefully.

Last season was just a perfect storm. Worst injury record in the league, most hard-done by side with officials, disastrous summer and winter windows and over half the season under a manager who wanted us playing 1960s football.

Things aren't perfect now but we're in miles better shape. Anyone who can't see that is a crackpot.

….and it took us until February(or maybe later) to reach 20 points. A salutary lesson not to get carried away with an obviously appealing & obnoxious manager. Remember you getting all excited saying we’d get a record points total & saying we should all buy pillows with Benitez’s image on.
I deal in facts, fact......I never said that at all, fact......we have 7 points after 7 games, fact......last season we had 14 points at this stage of the season.
Another fact is the brilliant start to last season was done on a budget of 1.8m, unlike this season/ calendar year were a LOT of players have been bought in and real coin has been spent, even if some has been recycled money.

Isn’t it great that we have half the points total than we had last season and we are so much happier! Last season we knew the wheels would come off in spectacular fashion and sure enough it did.

This season is a slow burner but we are all behind the manager and players because we can see it building week by week (even if the results haven’t been great)

Theirs a plan, a togetherness, a direction, an overhaul of the squad, an atmosphere at Goodison again, improvement in players, fight and passion.

Barring a couple of people at board level who need to be launched as far away from the club as possible it’s starting to feel like we have our club back, it’s early days but there is that feeling with me.

7 points after 7 games, last season we had 14 at the same stage.
I remeber all the hissy fits last season after the 9th game, when we still had 14 points, if we beat both Southampton and Manchester United in our next two games, we will still be a point worse off then we were when we lost too Norwich last season.
Yea but but but …. Ahh forget it life’s too short to dig up that old bone

I deal in facts, fact......I never said that at all, fact......we have 7 points after 7 games, fact......last season we had 14 points at this stage of the season.
Another fact is the brilliant start to last season was done on a budget of 1.8m, unlike this season/ calendar year were a LOT of players have been bought in and real coin has been spent, even if some has been recycled money.
At this point last season, we started a run of 1 win in 13 under a supposedly "top level manager". Let's see if that happens this season.

Great article.

We all want more points. I think we could have taken them at Brentford and Leeds. Although 7 points, I can see a change in the team and its all positive from last season. Yes we will get done over at times but this group will fight. From my seat in MS1 on Sunday, Gray put in a few crosses on another day someone is on the end of them. We have had a few of these opportunities in the last few games and soon we will click up front. Asmir didn't have that much to contend with and thats thanks to the dads at the back. The midfield looks so much quicker. Very optimistic for the future or am I losing it?

For me it's the defence that is giving me the feeling of satisfaction and the belief that we can win matches. No more shoe horning players into positions that they cannot play in, no more heads dropping if the opposition scores, much better recovery from our backs. But, no more 5 at the back. Keep playing with the back 4. UTFT.

Isn’t it great that we have half the points total than we had last season and we are so much happier! Last season we knew the wheels would come off in spectacular fashion and sure enough it did.

This season is a slow burner but we are all behind the manager and players because we can see it building week by week (even if the results haven’t been great)

Theirs a plan, a togetherness, a direction, an overhaul of the squad, an atmosphere at Goodison again, improvement in players, fight and passion.

Barring a couple of people at board level who need to be launched as far away from the club as possible it’s starting to feel like we have our club back, it’s early days but there is that feeling with me.
Did we need to hit our rock bottom for the re-evaluation of what we are and what we need to push on?
Did we need that Benitez spell to highlight all this?

Did we need to hit our rock bottom for the re-evaluation of what we are and what we need to push on?
Did we need that Benitez spell to highlight all this?
In a way yeah, we did, if last season was another were Everton just made up the Premier League numbers, something Moshiri would accept, this season would be another none event.
But as it turned up he was forced into stepping back, it had to happen at some point.

Defensively we are much stronger & have two leaders at the back who are organizing things...

Midfield we look solid & have more depth...

Attack we still look a little light with Maupay, Calvert Lewin & Rondon as Dom has been injury prone & Rondon has struggled...

This season will be a transition we will be looking at mid table finish around 13th on 46points...

Status
Not open for further replies.