2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley fan here. Pleased but in no way surprised to see you love Tarks. Even last season when he and we all knew he was leaving, he was so committed. He's also a brilliant sh*thouse ?

Now you'll all go through the same frustration we did about him being overlooked by Southgate for clearly inferior players.

Good luck for the season.
Great for him if he makes the squad but not so great for us when he inevitably gets slated/injured

Fair enough, I guess you are more used to players getting called up than we were. We saw his exclusions as a slight on the club.

Anyway, delighted to see him as well appreciated by you as he was by us. I also think Dwight will come good, although will never be a world beater, but he had a lot of his attacking instincts beaten out of him by the rigidity of Dyche's system and it might take a while for him to regain that. Yesterday looked positive though. Ironically, he'd fit perfectly into our team now with Kompany's style.

Southgate, won't pick him, he is one of those managers who stays loyal to players who did well in the past.

Also it's a very late time for someone new to go. But if Southgate was there to watch him, he did himself no harm.

Southgate, won't pick him, he is one of those managers who stays loyal to players who did well in the past.

Also it's a very late time for someone new to go. But if Southgate was there to watch him, he did himself no harm.
This has been said about every England manager of the last 20 or so years. It's utter BS - it's whoever plays for the top 4/6 or who the media is making flavour of the month.

Burnley fan here. Pleased but in no way surprised to see you love Tarks. Even last season when he and we all knew he was leaving, he was so committed. He's also a brilliant sh*thouse ?

Now you'll all go through the same frustration we did about him being overlooked by Southgate for clearly inferior players.

Good luck for the season.
You too mate, looks like Komoany will have you right back up?

Don’t want him at the World Cup. It will just be confidence shredder after the inevitable press meltdown when they go out.

Keep him at home wrapped up and injury free
I'd kinda think the same but at the same time thinking of them as the same young lads we all were growing up and playing you'd dream of going to the World Cup with your country. I'd like Coady and Tarkowski to go if for nothing else than for them to be able to look back as a proud achievement, objectively speaking though they should be at least England's second and third choice CBs, Stones is the only one who gets ahead of them because he has pace but he's also sat on the bench at City at the minute.

I'm Irish so I couldn't really care less about who's in the England squad at all but Southgate would be insane to look at his options and not take the 2 best performing English CBs at the minute who happen to play in front of the first choice keeper. If he goes 3 at that back they should both start with Stones at the World Cup but hilariously Southgate will no doubt go with Maguire and Dier ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.