2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand supporters that are on the verge of rage all the time. The deal was a good one for us and worth the risk, yes we may be lumbered with his wages next year but 8-10 million was worth escaping relegation, as if we didn't have Ali on the bench we'd probably have lost that game 4-0.

The difference between Dele and say Bolasie is that we didn't have to splosh near 30 million signing fee before we even got to 4 years of wages. Compared to that this looks cheap as chips.

I just don't understand supporters that are on the verge of rage all the time. The deal was a good one for us and worth the risk, yes we may be lumbered with his wages next year but 8-10 million was worth escaping relegation, as if we didn't have Ali on the bench we'd probably have lost that game 4-0.

The difference between Dele and say Bolasie is that we didn't have to splosh near 30 million signing fee before we even got to 4 years of wages. Compared to that this looks cheap as chips.

He did bring a lot of fume before he had even kicked a ball. My father-in-law messaged me absolutely seething because he turned up to training on his first day in a Rolls Royce lol

We took a punt, it was fairly low risk with a potentially high reward. It didn't come off and we have been left with his very high wage to pay until the end of next season. This has been mitigated by being able to get him out on loan this season, meaning at last a percentage of his wages are being paid by the Turkish club.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he I'll be back with us at the end of the season, even had he played well, which apparently he hasn't, Turkish clubs never take up an option to buy. The trick will be to get someone else to take him on loan next season while we wait for his contract to run down. Hasn't been a successful signing, but, it was worth the risk and, by Everton standards, hasn't been a financial disaster.

He did bring a lot of fume before he had even kicked a ball. My father-in-law messaged me absolutely seething because he turned up to training on his first day in a Rolls Royce lol
Oh and the tattoos, and that jacket.

Unbelievable he doesn't only own thrift shop clothes and actual rags from the bins. Shocking.

I take the Bolasie point, but I'm afraid there's no world in which it was a good idea or could be justified as worth the risk

He hadn't been good for years, had a very clear attitude/application problem and had been bombed out by successive managers at Spurs, all of whom said the same thing - he isn't bothered (in as many words). Gambling on an attitude like that being what we needed to get clear of relegation is as mental to me today as it was back then

The only reason it happened was because we didn't have any football people in the club whatsoever at the time who could make football decisions. It was all done by Kenwright and Moshiri and Lampard signed it off at the last minute in the absence of any better options.

It's turned out just about exactly how I (and most people) would have expected

I think he just stopped putting the effort into footie years ago and when he did wake up and decide he goes want to play, he couldn't get back to his best.

I take the Bolasie point, but I'm afraid there's no world in which it was a good idea or could be justified as worth the risk

He hadn't been good for years, had a very clear attitude/application problem and had been bombed out by successive managers at Spurs, all of whom said the same thing - he isn't bothered (in as many words). Gambling on an attitude like that being what we needed to get clear of relegation is as mental to me today as it was back then

The only reason it happened was because we didn't have any football people in the club whatsoever at the time who could make football decisions. It was all done by Kenwright and Moshiri and Lampard signed it off at the last minute in the absence of any better options.

It's turned out just about exactly how I (and most people) would have expected

Hindsight is great to validate everything, but he could have been re-energised much in the same way Iwobi was under Frank.

We lacked serious goal threats and had no money to spend and I don't think we could have had another domestic loan at the time (someone correct me if i',m wrong), so to get someone who could score goals for zero money was a very good bit of business. You take a gamble everytime you buy a player and clearly no sane person could say it was a success but he did his part in the end in a quite crucial way and it isn't killing us financially. So again the rewards were worth the risk had a change of scenery led him back towards the one hundred million pound player he once was.

Probably a poor decision initially, but the Way I look at it we have paid a few million for him to change the game against Palace and not get relegated. We didn't have a proper foothold in the game until then, and he didn't even have to do anything amazing , just be more composed.

Money well spent. Not arsed what he is doing now or will do until end of his contract

It was well worth the punt as he was a class act 5 seasons ago. Hasn’t worked so move on ! Feel sorry for the lad as clearly something wrong and really don’t understand some off the comments on here about him …..

Status
Not open for further replies.