2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good 3 months in 3 years...have a 5 year contract sir
Didnt know lampard had only been charge for 3 months?

In all seriousness though, he's been by far our best outfield player overall since Frank took over, and it's not even close.

5 years I agree is a bit steep, but Ive got no issues of giving one of our better performers at a good age a new deal.

5 years is very long in my opinion, but it does help the club in a number of ways to.

Not sure i trust him wholly, to maintain his form, say if Lampard wasn't here next year.
I think we can find someone else who understands he's a central player. Honestly maybe even better than Frank who has still moved him to the right after making substitutions and Iwobi is still not that good out there.

Hes only been moved in games in which he was poo.
It's not even that. He gets moved because we actually have depth in midfield whereas we have had a distinct lack of depth in wide positions both defensively and offensively due to injuries or just not being good enough.

Iwobi is probably our most adaptable player who also has the most energy and is our only real creativity. So rather than lose that energy and creativity from the pitch, he gets moved because he is a better option in those positions than the backups we have for them.

I think we can find someone else who understands he's a central player. Honestly maybe even better than Frank who has still moved him to the right after making substitutions and Iwobi is still not that good out there.

Not sure it will be a core requirement to any future managerial interview process, Its a roll of the dice to me mind mate, i mean three more experienced manages preceding this one decided to play him elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.