2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually not, that has us conceding 60 lmao.

I basically just guessed a number factoring in that we've probably overperformed a little so far.

Is this really what it’s come to?

That’s like me guessing we’ll suddenly score loads more goals because we’ve probably underperformed a bit so far.

Why is there just an assumption that the defensive record will probably end but the goalscoring at the other end can’t possibly improve?

Is this really what it’s come to?

That’s like me guessing we’ll suddenly score loads more goals because we’ve probably underperformed a bit so far.

Why is there just an assumption that the defensive record will probably end but the goalscoring at the other end can’t possibly improve?
I didn't say that did I?

I consulted the computer and it has us scoring 45 actually.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 100
Haha what? He got dispossessed in their half, how is that making it “easy” for them to score? Not a chance you’re getting away with calling that a defensive error.

I haven't called it a defensive error. But it's largely preventable if he simply got his head up.

I absolutely agree it's night and day, we look resolute and solid absolutely. But four of the goals we have conceded this season were direct results of individuals mistakes.

I dont think it's an issue but I don't think it's right to say we haven't conceded some silly goals.
We didn't make them clubs work hard for those goals. Gifted them.

I haven't called it a defensive error. But it's largely preventable if he simply got his head up.

I absolutely agree it's night and day, we look resolute and solid absolutely. But four of the goals we have conceded this season were direct results of individuals mistakes.

I dont think it's an issue but I don't think it's right to say we haven't conceded some silly goals.
We didn't make them clubs work hard for those goals. Gifted them.

But this example of Almiron’s goal being a gift is just weird, the fella pinged one in the top corner from 30 yards out, one of our players losing the ball at the other end of the pitch didn’t exactly put it on a plate for him.

I didn't say that did I?

I consulted the computer and it has us scoring 45 actually.

That’s the implication. There’s an assumption that the current defensive record will not be maintained (as per your guess which is higher than the goals per game ratio) and as you think this is a problem for us there’s an implicit assumption also that you don’t see us uplifting our goals scored rate (unless you do think this is the case)

Either way feels like a double standard and is conducive of a lot of the criticism of Frank on here. His defensive record is a temporary one because we’ve got lucky or Thelwell bought him individually good defenders, whereas our attacking woes are an indictment of his tactical limitations no excuses.

That’s the implication. There’s an assumption that the current defensive record will not be maintained (as per your guess which is higher than the goals per game ratio) and as you think this is a problem for us there’s an implicit assumption also that you don’t see us uplifting our goals scored rate (unless you do think this is the case)

Either way feels like a double standard and is conducive of a lot of the criticism of Frank on here. His defensive record is a temporary one because we’ve got lucky or Thelwell bought him individually good defenders, whereas our attacking woes are an indictment of his tactical limitations no excuses.
Well I'm telling you it isn't a double standard. We're going to both score more and concede more. They're tied together to an extent, we've rarely had to chase games this year and that is going to probably happen at some point which will sometimes cause us to score more and sometimes open us up. I don't think we're going to have a 38 scored 35 allowed season or something like that.

Those defensive stats are interesting. We’re amongst the lowest in everything apart from conceding counter attack goals which we’re the worst.

Strange for a team that supposedly sits deep all the time. It’s showing how fatal sloppy possession in the middle of the park can be, and it also shows how annoyingly ruthless teams are against us when we give them a breakaway whereas against other teams you see them mess up three on ones multiples times in a game or blaze easy chances over the bar. Seeing Ronaldo lash one over the other night with his left foot after he nailed it into the bottom corner against us was particularly annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.