January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prioirity I think is getting in a top winger. Two attackers would be great but not sure I see that much movement unless desperate. They will be believing a front line of DCL, Gordon and "TOP WINGER TO BE NAMED" will be sufficient for the season.

Are there any very talented ones that would be available on loan, due to not finding their expected place at Barca/Bayern etc?

A fast winger and a forward please. Or just Timo Werner. If we don't have the £30m then Martial may be worth a punt.

A fast winger and a forward please. Or just Timo Werner. If we don't have the £30m then Martial may be worth a punt.

A winger and someone to share the creative burden with Iwobi IMO

If I was being greedy, a left back who could contribute in attack would also be nice, but it's probably less of a priority than the other two

I know there's a few people asking for a striker currently, but DCL (if fit) and Maupay are enough for a mid-level PL side tbh. That does rely on DCL being fit for at least half the games though...

If I was being greedy, a left back who could contribute in attack would also be nice, but it's probably less of a priority than the other two

I know there's a few people asking for a striker currently, but Dominic Calvert-Lewin (if fit) and Maupay are enough for a mid-level PL side tbh. That does rely on Dominic Calvert-Lewin being fit for at least half the games though...
A few?

Is there an Everton fan out there who doesn't think we need a forward???

I know there's a few people asking for a striker currently, but Dominic Calvert-Lewin (if fit) and Maupay are enough for a mid-level PL side tbh. That does rely on Dominic Calvert-Lewin being fit for at least half the games though...
Therein lies the problem

Although that might be true I personally think there are more factors than that. The biggest being possibly having an in house replacement for Dom considering his perpetual uncertainty on multiple fronts.

If Dom gets a healthy run I expect him to score and draw interest transfer wise. If he continues to get nags a longterm replacement would be wise. Either way its a problem worth addressing. And considering the usual expense for the premium position, being able to target a player in the winter market with a bit of a runway to establish himself would likely save us a huge outlay at striker in a year or two. While aiding options on the bench for needed goals.

Someone who can get on the ball and dictate a game like Tielemans or Neves do would be as important to me as a new attacker.

I feel like a 10 is probably a bit more important than someone who sits deeper and dictates though.

Sorry, i meant an attacking player with some nouse that isnt a striker, not specifically a 10.

A proper number 10 at Everton Football Club doesn't exist.

1667836853316.png

We need some goals/creativity in the team, if we don't we will right down there imo, you really think Maupay is going to score us the goals needed to stay up mate?
I think we will finish in the lower half of mid table. With Dom out a good loan or two wouldn't be a problem but we can't be at panic stations at this stage. Dom will be back and Maupay will score a few given the minutes and played to strengths. I have a lot of confidence in Lampard and the squad to be able to survive as we are. Still who knows what may happen in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.