2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You`ve only got to look at last season, Burnley were all but gone under Dyche but then Jackson took over, his reuslts....

D West Ham 1-1
W Southampton 2-0
W Wolves 1-0
Won Watford 2-1
L Villa 3-1 His only loss and the result that took them down....

In 5 games he picked up 10 of their 35 points

Same applies, a better tactical approach can bring goals, look at the way Leeds score....

A tactical masterclass yet the end result was that Lampard steered us clear and the tactician was relegated.

A tactical masterclass yet the end result was that Lampard steered us clear and the tactician was relegated.
Lampard got lucky last year...that win at home against Palace and that win at home against Newcastle playing with 10 players...pickford was superb for that part of the season too which helped us massively. We had also much better squad that the likes of Burnley. So what lampard has achieved last year was simply the bear minimum that you would expect from any new manager.

As bad as they are, we have won plenty of games with Keane Holgate Davies Doucoure etc. We have never won a match where we haven't scored, or even created a chance.

Not prioritising good forwards is rock bottom for Everton recruitment in the Moshiri era. And that is really saying something.

We could have Nesta and Maldini at centre back and we'd still be down the bottom with these forwards. Build from the back mentality is an old school dinosaur mentality. None of our rivals in the league seem to follow it, except Burnley who went down and Wolves who are... let me check... bottom of the table.
Thing is we got both of the new CBs for nothing - as it stands bar a loan fee for Coady.

We definitely did need a new midfield too. But we did of course need to get goals in. It was a tough ask but not as tough as they made it. They had plenty of time.

72f855fb-cae3-4ae8-8577-742c4fe0c970_text.gif

The problem is lots of the players he brought in are a bit crap though. Its time we as fans started to be honest about it

Coady & Tarkowski clear upgrades but are worryingly short of pace

Gueye - still abysmal on the ball and a total liability.

Onana - one for the future but not offering anything at the minute. Was a 30m punt on a player for the future the right way ro reinvest the Richarlison money? I'd say absolutely not.

Garner - pointless signing. Doesnt even play then gets hurt after 1 game.

Mcneil - one of the worst pieces of business we've ever done. Offers nothing in any aspect of football.

Maupay - hopeless

Maybe the recruitment was just rubbish and we're crap because we are crap and we added even more crap to a crap squad?

Tim.

Its a rebuild.

Coady + Tarks = Solid experienced players

McNeil + Onana + Garner = Young player to develop

Gana = Over the hill but potentially a decent rotation stopgap for 2 seasons while the kids develop

Maupay = Makes no sense

I can understand slating the bottom 2...but why the others?

The Garner signing was weird for what we needed.

He absolutely is not a no.6

But he was injured yesterday

He looked to be a 6 for Forest and England u21s ? More so than an 8.

Thing is we got both of the new CBs for nothing - as it stands bar a loan fee for Coady.

We definitely did need a new midfield too. But we did of course need to get goals in. It was a tough ask but not as tough as they made it. They had plenty of time.

If we can sell some CBs and CMs then the funds can go on forwards and all is fine with the world.

Geordies do no quite a bit about relagation like il give you that
Yes, in the first 117 years of the clubs history they were relegated 4 times, and then Mike Ashley bought the club and relegated them twice, thankfully rebounding back at first time of asking. The repeated recruitment of dud multi-million pound players, and an all-encompassing lack of ambition, passion and drive at the top ultimately deliver the inevitable, relegation. I'm just pleased those years are well and truly past us now.

Bournemouth

PL Drew Fuham A 2-2
PL Lost Southampton H 1-0
PL Lost West Ham A 2-0
PL Lost Spurs H 3-2
PL Lost Leeds A 4-3

Before Everton tipped up at Bournemouth they had lost their previous 4 and drawn a 5th, scoring 7 conceding 12....

Everton tip up and they absolutely rip us apart for 180 minutes..... comprehensively beaten...
LC Win Everton 4-1
PL Win Everton 3-0

We are one of the 3 worst in this league...

Which is why I reckon we'll drop this season unless one of Fulham or Bournemouth go on a bad run in the second half of the season.

Last season Watford, Burnley and Norwich were clearly all worse than us.

Currently only Notts Forest and Saints are clear favs to drop and one of them has started to pick up and the other may get a new manager bounce when they appoint Hassanhuttls successor.

Wolves have too much quality to drop and a good manager (on paper) imo.

Fans need to wake up - Lampard didn't save us from relegation he put us in the bottom 3 last season and looks likely to do it again this season but this time we dont have Richarlison to bail us.

Bournemouth

PL Drew Fuham A 2-2
PL Lost Southampton H 1-0
PL Lost West Ham A 2-0
PL Lost Spurs H 3-2
PL Lost Leeds A 4-3

Before Everton tipped up at Bournemouth they had lost their previous 4 and drawn a 5th, scoring 7 conceding 12....

Everton tip up and they absolutely rip us apart for 180 minutes..... comprehensively beaten...
LC Win Everton 4-1
PL Win Everton 3-0

We are one of the 3 worst in this league...
We always roll out the red carpet for teams on a bad run. Wolves next up and it will be their new manager's first game, we all know what happens don't we?

Tim.

Its a rebuild.

Coady + Tarks = Solid experienced players

McNeil + Onana + Garner = Young player to develop

Gana = Over the hill but potentially a decent rotation stopgap for 2 seasons while the kids develop

Maupay = Makes no sense

I can understand slating the bottom 2...but why the others?

He looked to be a 6 for Forest and England u21s ? More so than an 8.
McNeil is crap, Zat, and wasn't the type of player we needed.

Doesn't matter that he's young, he was not what we needed in a winger.

I'd also argue we didn't need to spend £9m on Garner over putting that money towards a forward, though it does help to have more midfield options of course.

Yes, in the first 117 years of the clubs history they were relegated 4 times, and then Mike Ashley bought the club and relegated them twice, thankfully rebounding back at first time of asking. The repeated recruitment of dud multi-million pound players, and an all-encompassing lack of ambition, passion and drive at the top ultimately deliver the inevitable, relegation. I'm just pleased those years are well and truly past us now.
I thought the same when moshiri took over us

McNeil is crap, Zat, and wasn't the type of player we needed.

Doesn't matter that he's young, he was not what we needed in a winger.

I'd also argue we didn't need to spend £9m on Garner over putting that money towards a forward, though it does help to have more midfield options of course.

2 seasons ago McNeil looked good. He also seemed decent for England u21s.

Fair to assume the shackles would be off after joining us...its not happened so far but should we write him off so soon?

Garner weve got to look at next season, same with Onana...young lads. But Doucoure and Davies deals expire this summer so it makes sense to get him now.

My issue with our recruitment is that we finished 16th last season and lost our best attacker.

that left us with the attack that finished 16th, shorn of its best player + replaced said player with a player who had scored 0 and provided 1 assist for a relegated side that went down not because they couldn't defend, but because they couldn't score. We then, to compound it, brought in a small striker who is used to playing in possession-based sides (Brentford and Brighton) as a back up to DCL. And he had underperformed his xG in all three of his seasons with Brighton, showing he's a player who needs a lot of chances to score - and Everton don't create chances.

2 seasons ago McNeil looked good. He also seemed decent for England u21s.

Fair to assume the shackles would be off after joining us...its not happened so far but should we write him off so soon?

Garner weve got to look at next season, same with Onana...young lads. But Doucoure and Davies deals expire this summer so it makes sense to get him now.
Why?

He's just not what we needed mate. I'm not writing him off. Even if he scored five goals this season it won't make him the type of player that we needed as a priority.

We needed pace, strength, athleticism and real cutting edge quality in the final third.

McNeil is very one-paced, isn't a great passer, is one-footed and doesn't really seem to have any game-changing ability. He's got a good cross on him, that's about it, though doesn't really seem to get it out of his feet.

If we'd signed the first type of player first, and then got McNeil as an added little bonus, sound, but we didn't. And we wanted MGW before we got McNeil - they aren't the same kind of player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.