2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club do intend to dispense with Mr. Lampards' services I would expect it would be before they leave for Australia. If not he will have the opportunity to correct the problems in the January window. He is a very intelligent, articulate young man, so surely he must see what we see?

Why?

He's just not what we needed mate. I'm not writing him off. Even if he scored five goals this season it won't make him the type of player that we needed as a priority.

We needed pace, strength, athleticism and real cutting edge quality in the final third.

McNeil is very one-paced, isn't a great passer, is one-footed and doesn't really seem to have any game-changing ability. He's got a good cross on him, that's about it, though doesn't really seem to get it out of his feet.

If we'd signed the first type of player first, and then got McNeil as an added little bonus, sound, but we didn't. And we wanted MGW before we got McNeil - they aren't the same kind of player at all.

I think they looked at McNeil as being a 22 year old with lots of experiencd who could improve and be 6/10 every game.

Low upfront cost and a reliable squad player. Used under Dyche before i imagine they thought in a superior team with DCL he'd not be defensive as he was at Burnley and his effectiveness would increase.

Hes got Gray and Maupay to play off.

I was in a space last night and some connected people were saying Kenwright, DBB and Moshiri were at Bournemouth yesterday.... Why would they be there?

I was in a space last night and some connected people were saying Kenwright, DBB and Moshiri were at Bournemouth yesterday.... Why would they be there?
kenwright and moshiri spend most of their time in london i believe and may even live there, not sure about DBB but given bournemouth isn't too far away, 2 hours by car, probably 10 mins by private helicopter, it may have been possible

I think they looked at McNeil as being a 22 year old with lots of experiencd who could improve and be 6/10 every game.

Low upfront cost and a reliable squad player. Used under Dyche before i imagine they thought in a superior team with Dominic Calvert-Lewin he'd not be defensive as he was at Burnley and his effectiveness would increase.

Hes got Gray and Maupay to play off.
But he's not a 6/10 in every game.

We needed pace and quality, he has neither mate and therein lies the issue.

Had McNeil being the final signing after we'd brought in, say, Kudus, or a Diaby or someone really with talent, then sure, but he wasn't.

All we've done is sell Richarlison, and pushed up Gray/Gordon to replace him and now have an even worse player in reserve. While it was a £4m initial outlay, he's going to cost us at least £15m. It's a waste of money.

But he's not a 6/10 in every game.

We needed pace and quality, he has neither mate and therein lies the issue.

Had McNeil being the final signing after we'd brought in, say, Kudus, or a Diaby or someone really with talent, then sure, but he wasn't.

All we've done is sell Richarlison, and pushed up Gray/Gordon to replace him and now have an even worse player in reserve. While it was a £4m initial outlay, he's going to cost us at least £15m. It's a waste of money.

Sure i agree. Im saying it looked like hed had an off season last year as beforehand he seemed 6/10 most games with the odd 8/10 thrown in.

I imagine thelwell expected 6/10 and a decent squad player for a few seasons...meanwhile hed build up funds for a Kudus or a Diaby or a Mudryk etc to start.

Simply didnt have the funds. Still young so could be a decent squad player in the right side or of course as we saw with Cannon/Maupay perhaps Mills is going to be better.

Id try and sell him and Maupay in Jan...2 or 3 CBs and Doucoure/Davies and Gray as well...use all the cash on 1 superstar forward and see whats left for a 2nd.

The issue we have still is having an enormous number of players on the books (34 not incl kids) and only 10 ish good enough for a 23 man squad.

We need sales to fund transfers.

As a Brighton fan, its the best thing to happen to us him going. RDZ has us playing better.
I had high hopes for Fat Frank, seems to big a job for him. Hopefully what ever happens EFC will beat the drop, there are at least 3 other worst sides than you. A question for u, would u take Alladyce or Dyche who i believe will keep u up, but with more direct football, or take a chance on someone who will give u attractive football but you could be in danger of going down?

I know with ur new stadium on the horizion would u accept relegation for a season and have a new manager with a project, like we did with Potter.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season except against us.
With the best will in the world mate, but what? just WHAT!!?!! We are Everton, not 'kin brighton

Hmm.... either this is sarcasm or you have an overly optimistic hope for our shiny new building.

A new stadium will of course provide opportunities for more revenue, but we're not exactly talking 90000 seats. Maybe it'll host other events which will help, but I just don't see all kinds of businesses/brands falling over themselves to shove money into the pockets of a piddle poor Prem team (assuming we still are by then) just because of a new building - and I certainly dont trust any exec at this club to negotiate said lucrative deals, even if they were on offer.

After all, has Arsenal's / Spurs / West Ham's stadiums really taken them to the levels and new heights they all hoped for pre-move? Not for me, Clive.
Corporate seats can cost many times as much as a single seat, our current corporate offerings are not great. I think we have new heights to reach from income that just isn’t there with Goodison, hence the new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.