Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told the 4 "easy" games before the break would determine a lot. They got 4 points.

Yep. That pretty much determines comfortable mid table that looked possible after Southampton away isn't happening this season unless team wins 3 and gets a draw from four game spell after the break and that dosen't look likely at all. Annoying as Palace at home looked the trickiest on paper, that performance was a total false dawn.

Was looking at previous seasons when the start was as poor:

17/18 when Big Sam came in was very similar, 15 points after 14 games. Team then won 3 of next 4 and also got draws off RS and Chelsea so a very comfortable mid table finish.

19/20 Silva was sacked with team on 14 points....after 15 games so exactly the same situation as now. Very good bounce under Dunc with win over Chelsea and draws v Man. United and Liverpool and then Carlo came in and won 3 of his first 4 so it was 28 points after 22 games and no danger of relegation whatsoever even with mediocre form once the season resumed after the covid break.

In both seasons team still didn't reach 50 points btw (Ancelotti season finished on 49 points if I've added up correctly and similar in 17/18).

This team looks miles off winning 3 games in even 10 games unless there's a good run of home fixtures. As it stands I think Wolves will just be a bore draw given it will be their first game under Lopetegui and I'm afraid when the away form remains so poor any winnable game at Goodison that isn't won is really going to hurt by the time May rolls around.

No Norwich or Watford to bail us out by being utter crap. I still think Forrest and Bournemouth will struggle.
That leaves the teams around us as West Ham, Wolves, Southampton.
All are capable of putting a run together. We are incapable of scoring.
I think we’re going down.

Hes very likeable.

As a football manager, yeah, jury is out.
I'm not really a fan of Lamaprd's tbh. I think he's ok as a manager and feller. But if anyone obvioulsy better came within reach I'd take them. Someone like Brodgers would have been my preference. An utter plank but can get a team playing.

There isnlt anyone though so we have to stick with him for stability's sake.

I'm not really a fan of Lamaprd's tbh. I think he's ok as a manager and feller. But if anyone obvioulsy better came within reach I'd take them. Someone like Brodgers would have been my preference. An utter plank but can get a team playing.

There isnlt anyone though so we have to stick with him for stability's sake.
Did you just suggest Brendan Rodgers to me?

Have you no shame?

No Norwich or Watford to bail us out by being utter crap. I still think Forrest and Bournemouth will struggle.
That leaves the teams around us as West Ham, Wolves, Southampton.
All are capable of putting a run together. We are incapable of scoring.
I think we’re going down.
Bournemouth will struggle, lol if Bournemouth struggle what does that say about us after that rubbish one witnessed on the weekend ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.