January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry re this window and next summer. The club did the right thing in trying to sort the defense, bring in stable solid players like coady and tarowski. everyone could see the sense in doing that.

Oanan one can also understand and he might be a top player.

but when I heard mc neil and maupay I honestly could not understand they reason they were bought. nothing about them made sense. nothing. a slow one footed player who was a bit part of a Burnley relegated team and a panic buy of an unwanted maupay. complete waste of money. rejects from clubs who aren't exactly brimming with quality ..prob on long contracts and impossible to get rid off to add the the muppets we already have in the squad.

it just seems the club is run complete idiots.
I think maupay and McNeil were bought as squad players and I'm hoping I'm proved right in January

Would it be worth breaking ffp rules to stay in the league ? If he hasn't already I think moshiri should be seriously thinking about. Its clear the manager is staying so he needs to back him
Breaking Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules are never and will never be "worth it".

They dont fine you, they take points and add stupid squad restrictions, THEN fine you.

FFP wont be our concern this next window, unless we are planning on spending 100m+.

I think maupay and McNeil were bought as squad players and I'm hoping I'm proved right in January

And that’s a fundamental failing of the recruitment team. We should not be buying players to be “squad players”, much less spending £35m on them. Every signing we make should be with the intention of improving the first team, every single one.

Those two loan slots could be critical there must be some quality creative/attacking players wanting regular game time. We also need a forward no more waiting for Dom to be fit we have been waiting two seasons!

And that’s a fundamental failing of the recruitment team. We should not be buying players to be “squad players”, much less spending £35m on them. Every signing we make should be with the intention of improving the first team, every single one.
I think we were expecting dcl to recover and at least one more winger.

I think we were expecting Dominic Calvert-Lewin to recover and at least one more winger.

Well that’s not good enough. We knew about DCL’s injuries, as well as the fact he’s also bang average when fit. On the second bit, there was absolutely no reason to buy a winger to be backup for a player that we haven’t even bought yet. That sort of nonsense is the reason we are progressively getting worse every single season. The recruitment is as much of a shambles as it has ever been.

Well that’s not good enough. We knew about Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s injuries, as well as the fact he’s also bang average when fit. On the second bit, there was absolutely no reason to buy a winger to be backup for a player that we haven’t even bought yet. That sort of nonsense is the reason we are progressively getting worse every single season. The recruitment is as much of a shambles as it has ever been.
The club have been banking on DCL being fit and firing for two seasons and he hasn't been fit for an extended run in eighteen months, you can't pin your hopes on one forward. Negligence. But it's not untypical of this club. They also sold our top scorer and didn't replace with any threat or goal scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.