Neil Robinson RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news - he played for Swansea for a time when Toshack was the manager. If I remember correctly his brother, also no longer with us, was a leading educationist.

Some very sad news. Neil Robinson, former Everton full-back, died suddenly last night. A lovely man & the first vegan pro footballer in the UK. He loved EFC. Our condolences to the Robinson family
Wasn't Kenny Hibbitt a vegan?

RIP Neil.

Very sad news - he played for Swansea for a time when Toshack was the manager. If I remember correctly his brother, also no longer with us, was a leading educationist.
That's right - his brother, Ken, was knighted for his work in education.

His family lived on Spellow Lane when he was a kid - he reckoned that made him the player born closest to Goodison.

A true Blue.

Sad news.

That's right - his brother, Ken, was knighted for his work in education.

His family lived on Spellow Lane when he was a kid - he reckoned that made him the player born closest to Goodison.

A true Blue.

Sad news.

I read about him (Neil) a few years ago, and Sir Ken is quite a story. IIRC, their Dad was invalided due to a work accident, and Ken had polio as a kid. The family had enough compo to buy a place on the Wirral, but the Dad, from a wheelchair, (different days), pushed and pushed Ken in particular to get very well educated, which he did, and made a passionate career out of it.

When Neil retired from footie, after bouncing around a bit, he invented a veggie energy bar, and that company got bought by a bigger one.

Not bad for two working class lads with a disabled Dad from Liverpool. In those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.